Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegas Bike Purchase

• 12-11-2009 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I am purchasing a bike in Vegas in June next year as I am over there. If I was to by a bike what would anybody recommend that would be good value to buy for RACING. (ie. Trek etc.). In the arrange of say € 3,500.00.

Any thoughts - any input much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Your in the wrong forum I'm afraid, try here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Read this
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Importing_a_bicycle

Do you have a bike box for transporting the bike (hard shell plastic bike case)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Thread needs the be moved as thebouldwhacker says.

As for racing bikes, you can't go wrong with the Trek Madone, they are fantastic bikes.

Trek Madone 5.2 is $3,879.99 RRP in the US which translates to €2,600. I reckon it is the sweet point with the Madones personally... You could put the extra money towards some nice wheels.

Trek make a big thing about how the 5.x and 6.x have identical ride qualities, and indeed Contador won his first TDF on a 5.x frame as the latter wasn't ready. The only difference is a small amount of weight.

Advertisement