Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the dimplex storage heater cutout

• 13-11-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to reset the cut out on a Dimplex CXL18?

I have a picture of the part but dont know where/how to reset it :(

so if anyone can guide me ........

http://www.storageheater.co.uk/Models/Dimplex/CXL.htm

The picture is below

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

The metal piece sticking up just above the 2 blue lines in your photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Hey, I have the same problem. I see the blue lines and the metal sticking up. It's not a switch though it's a piece of metal that's flexable.

How do you reset it?

Any help is appreciated. We're cold.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Make sure the power is off & gently push in or down the flexible metal with a screw driver. It should gently click.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Robbie71

I tested the continuity between various metal bits with a multimeter and noticed there was poor/no contact.

There was bits of 'fluff' stopping the current flowing.

so,with the supply turned off............I ended up gently cleaning the the 'contacts'/ flexible metal bits under the control panel/dials with a phase tester/screwdriver

it works now so a nice clean is worth a try :)

I got it fixed thanks to Bertie. That little piece of metal sticking up above the blue lines and it made a very slight click. Heating came on there 15 mins ago.

Our big one is still not working but I think that needs a fuse at the switch.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Rather than start a new thread I'll just resurrect this one as the question is very similar.

I took a look at 3 storage heaters last night, none of them are functioning.

I suspect the thermal cut-off is the issue, I have attached a photo with 2 places marked A & B ( apologies for the poor quality) to reset the cut-off switch should I be placing a flat-head into the slot marked A or trying to press down on B? (B doesn't click dow I tried it last night but didn't want to force it) It looks like a very similar part to that linked by the OP, I heard a click from one heater out of the 3 when I pressed down with an insulated flat head through slot A, so I think I've got it reset but didn't hear anything from the other 2, does anyone here know the correct way to reset this particular type of cut-off switch?

Being on a night saver circuit it's quite difficult to confirm whether this has fixed the problem but I'll be back up there this afternoon so any advice on how to correctly reset this would be greatly appreciated.

Model is XMX712N if that makes any difference.
    I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

I think it's B. It's been a while though. Mine didn't really click either but it came on again that night. You're definitely in the right area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Its B - u only have to push down very slightly and it will click. Make sure the switch on wall adjacent to heater is turned off before you do this.

Advertisement