Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Satio

• 13-11-2009 12:41am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody get this?whats it like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

iirc mobile review was fairly scathing about the camera and thats the main selling point compared to most of its compettors. sidenote: was surprised to see this morning that vf are claiming it as an exclusive due before xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

xanthor wrote: »
    iirc mobile review was fairly scathing about the camera and thats the main selling point compared to most of its compettors. sidenote: was surprised to see this morning that vf are claiming it as an exclusive due before xmas.

Specially as I'm looking at one right now in O2, Castlebar :P

As to the Cam reviews: pinch of Salt! A lot of disagreement - gsmarena bashed it compared to new Pixon, but actuall between the lines there's some bias... I hate the connector for earphones at the side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Yeah have to agree with the earphone jack, it could have done with a 3.5 mil.

Not pushed on high megapixel camera's maybe I'm old school but my attitude is if I'm going somewhere I'll take photos I'll bring a proper camera.

I've played on one and have to say it's really nice (considering I don't normally like touch screens).

also, of course, the pixon 12mp has actual optical zoom, so gsmarena etc couldn't seriously have expected the Satio to outperform the Pixon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

strecker wrote: »
    also, of course, the pixon 12mp has actual optical zoom, so gsmarena etc couldn't seriously have expected the Satio to outperform the Pixon...

The Pixon12 doesn't have an optical zoom, it has a wide-angle aperture lens. As a result of this, the Satio, with its standard aperture lens, is better for portrait type shots. With regard to the picture quality between the two, GSMArena go on to menttion that "the difference is not that great...".

Either way, I'm waiting for the Samsung M8920 to be released towards the start of next year, as it will no doubt offer the best image and video quality, with its 12 MP camera, 3x optical zoom and 720p video recording. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

is it true it dosen't have an onscreen qwerty kebaord, has anybody used it? sounds like a pain for texting,

as far as I know the headphone lead itself will take a normal headphone jack but the phone won't

is it true it dosen't have an onscreen qwerty kebaord, has anybody used it? sounds like a pain for texting,

as far as I know the headphone lead itself will take a normal headphone jack but the phone won't
    of course it does! what do you mean :confused::D

Sony_ericsson_Satio8-420-90.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cool, I don't know how I got that idea..

more on text entry on the Satio incl screenshots http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_satio_idou-review-408p5.php

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sony also released the Aino?Has anyone gotten this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Check some reviews online :)

strecker wrote: »
    Specially as I'm looking at one right now in O2, Castlebar :P

Ha ha. That flashy shop add obviously brainwashed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Reports thats the battery life is pathetic and it has to be charged every 8-10 hours have put me off. The charger uses the same port as the headphone jack so you cannot listen to tunes or watch the videos feature while charging. Other than that the camera is great

Think I'll go with the satio,now to find the best possible price.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

just checked my vodafone and im due an upgrade on my bill phone. 220 euro for the satio they are looking for

rushnaldo wrote: »
    just checked my vodafone and im due an upgrade on my bill phone. 220 euro for the satio they are looking for

I had a quick glance on the VF site the other day, and IIRC the only contract mentioned was 18 months.

Some people don't mind, it drives others mad. Just thought i'd mention it.

Advertisement