Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox deal in Smyths

• 13-11-2009 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a Xbox for Christmas and I saw that they were running what I think it a pretty good deal and thought I would share.

Xbox 360 120GB
    2 Wireless controllers
    Lego Batman and Pure
    2 E5 vouchers
    Loyalty card
    4 games from the below list:
    Pirates of the Caribbean 3
    PGR 4
    Forza Motorsport 2
    Fracture
    Narnia Prince Caspian
    Assassins Creed
    Gears of War
    Spiderman Web of Shadows
    Lego Indiana Jones
    Halo 3
    Kung Fu Panda
    007 Quantum of Solance
    Supreme Commander

For E300 http://www.toys.ie/consoleoffers/xbox/124993.aspx

The games are pretty old but you could probably just trade them in for a couple of newer ones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    The games are pretty old but you could probably just trade them in for a couple of newer ones.

Eh..no. For example, if you choose Gears of War, Halo 3, PGR4 and Assassins Creed, you would literally get about 50c-1E for GOW, about 4E for Halo 3, maybe 5E for Assassins Creed, and probably 1E for PGR. 11 or 12E doesn't sound like 'a couple of newer ones'. ;)

All those games on the list are old, available in massive quantities, and cost next to nothing pre-owned, and yield pretty much worthless trade in values...

I'm not saying they aren't good, I mean GOW and Halo 3 are completely kick ass games, but you really wouldn't want to go in with the 'sure I'll trade in the games' mindset that you've suggested. I've seen better offers elsewhere, and at worst, you could buying Halo 3 and GOW for about 18-20 euro together pre-owned anyway. I paid 4.99 for a pristine copy of GOW in Gamestop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Poor offer.

Xbox360 elite is €200 delivered from TheHut.co.uk with Bioshock, use your spare money to get stuff you actually want.

Failing that, Amazon.co.uk have an offer that's approximately €244 for the 360 elite + two games. In the games section where you choose what games you want you can choose a "Wireless Entertainment Pack" which is a wireless controller, pure and Lego Batman. So now you've got the elite, 2 black wireless controllers, Lego Batman and Pure. You can use the leftover money to pick up any 4 of those games you listed above for dirt cheap used and still not make the E300.

*Edit*: I should add that the games they have on offer on Amazon are pretty much the games - Forza 3, Smackdown v Raw 2010, Dragon Age: Origins, Fifa 10
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_82960773_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000095443&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=special-offers-2&pf_rd_r=0Y2N5EY9WVGCFQPAXWPV&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=474904133&pf_rd_i=B002NV87OU

(Mod note, I don't believe there is a referrer tag in there, I'm not a member of the referral program at Amazon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Poor offer.

Xbox360 elite is €200 delivered from TheHut.co.uk with Bioshock, use your spare money to get stuff you actually want.

Failing that, Amazon.co.uk have an offer that's approximately €244 for the 360 elite + two games. In the games section where you choose what games you want you can choose a "Wireless Entertainment Pack" which is a wireless controller, pure and Lego Batman. So now you've got the elite, 2 black wireless controllers, Lego Batman and Pure. You can use the leftover money to pick up any 4 of those games you listed above for dirt cheap used and still not make the E300.

Agree with this. I got basically that offer but with a couple of other crap games and smaller harddrive a year ago for the same price. If you know anyone heading up north soon Argos have a 60gig model with 2 controllers, Halo 3, Halo Wars and another game for £150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Eh..no. For example, if you choose Gears of War, Halo 3, PGR4 and Assassins Creed, you would literally get about 50c-1E for GOW, about 4E for Halo 3, maybe 5E for Assassins Creed, and probably 1E for PGR. 11 or 12E doesn't sound like 'a couple of newer ones'. ;)

All those games on the list are old, available in massive quantities, and cost next to nothing pre-owned, and yield pretty much worthless trade in values...

I'm not saying they aren't good, I mean GOW and Halo 3 are completely kick ass games, but you really wouldn't want to go in with the 'sure I'll trade in the games' mindset that you've suggested. I've seen better offers elsewhere, and at worst, you could buying Halo 3 and GOW for about 18-20 euro together pre-owned anyway. I paid 4.99 for a pristine copy of GOW in Gamestop.
    Game Stop are awful when if comes to trade ins I don't even bother going there anymore, I either see them on eBay or I go to smyths, I've found them to be much more reasonable.
    Poor offer.

*Edit*: I should add that the games they have on offer on Amazon are pretty much the games - Forza 3, Smackdown v Raw 2010, Dragon Age: Origins, Fifa 10
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_82960773_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000095443&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=special-offers-2&pf_rd_r=0Y2N5EY9WVGCFQPAXWPV&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=474904133&pf_rd_i=B002NV87OU

(Mod note, I don't believe there is a referrer tag in there, I'm not a member of the referral program at Amazon)

I just went and had a look at the amazon offer and your right you do get a bit more bang for your buck.
    amacachi wrote: »
    Agree with this. I got basically that offer but with a couple of other crap games and smaller harddrive a year ago for the same price. If you know anyone heading up north soon Argos have a 60gig model with 2 controllers, Halo 3, Halo Wars and another game for £150.
    Nice deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

I bought the above deal and im kicking myself now cause at the min in argos for €199.99 you can get the xbox 360 elite with the 120gb hard drive and pure lego batman and additional controller and forza motorsport 3 Would of been a better deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

danois wrote: »
    I bought the above deal and im kicking myself now cause at the min in argos for €199.99 you can get the xbox 360 elite with the 120gb hard drive and pure lego batman and additional controller and forza motorsport 3 Would of been a better deal

Is that in-store only? Its not on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

The Argos offer for €199 is actually the Arcade, the Elite costs €269 or so. The ad is pretty misleading as usual as it looks like you get the Elite for the €199.

The offer in UK/NI is for STG£199 for the Elite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

HMV seems to have a deal for the Elite, CODMW2 and one of the Forza racing games for €249

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Gamestop deal is the Elite with the Pure/Lego Batman Controller bundle and Fifa 10 for 239e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

HMV seems to have a deal for the Elite, CODMW2 and one of the Forza racing games for €249

Game have the same deal. It's the best deal at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Gamestop deal is the Elite with the Pure/Lego Batman Controller bundle and Fifa 10 for 239e

I would never condone buying in gamestop as its probably the worst of the brick and mortar stores for ripping people off but i've found this seems to be the best offer going atm. I was helping a mate get one last week and out of HMV, gamestop and GAME it was definitly the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Does gamestop still have this deal????Its not on there website!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Re: HMV deal...i was in HMV Limerick Saturday, the girl i spoke to offered me a deal wherby i could take out Forza and instead get a wireless USB dongle.

Elite 120GB + MW2 + wireless thingy = €239. Great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Does gamestop still have this deal????Its not on there website!

Yep, got it there yesterday.
    Elite + Fifa 10 + extra wireless controller + batman + lego something or other.. for €239

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was checking out different places this evening,

Xtra vision €259 for Elite 120 , Assassins Creed 2 , Halo ODST, Some recharge battery packs (orb?) 2 controllers. + €30 worth of vouchers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

HMV are doing the elite console with Forza 3 and Fifa 10 for €225

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭dryadssaddle

Fifa 10 is only €5 in gamestop due to a drop in sales...

14267_181015258167_566868167_2895438_5647118_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Fifa 10 is only €5 in gamestop due to a drop in sales...

14267_181015258167_566868167_2895438_5647118_n.jpg
    Very good:D

I hear they're renaming the game soon ,fifa 10 fingers ,the terry henry story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Bryn wrote: »

nice deal. my 20gb has broken down so that looks like the best value for money deal around. do M$ still send out free data transfer kits to purchasers of the elite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Bryn wrote: »

is this deal still going? seems like the best out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

We've teamed up with Amazon.co.uk to bring you a truly amazing deal for just £199.99*. Including:

Xbox 360 Elite

Additional Xbox 360 Black Controller

Lego Batman

Disney's Pure

3 Months Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription

This was a special offer sent to me in an advertisement for sky player. Is this a good deal?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

hey, i hope this isnt out of line posting this link if so just delete it, but with all the talk of looking for deals on consoles, ive done up a list of pricing for 360s, wii, ps3 and dsi packages i went into/rang smyths, gamestop, game, xtravision, komplett, littlewoods, did etc and got all the prices for all the packages. lists is here. http://www.gamersireland.ie/?p=1054 again if i shouldnt be posting this just delete im just tryin to help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

keithgeo wrote: »
    hey, i hope this isnt out of line posting this link if so just delete it, but with all the talk of looking for deals on consoles, ive done up a list of pricing for 360s, wii, ps3 and dsi packages i went into/rang smyths, gamestop, game, xtravision, komplett, littlewoods, did etc and got all the prices for all the packages. lists is here. http://www.gamersireland.ie/?p=1054 again if i shouldnt be posting this just delete im just tryin to help!

This is brilliant - thanks!! We're chipping in for a 360 for my nephew and looking for the best deal!

EDIT - we're going with Amazon.co.uk
    £321.72 / €356.41.
    120GB Elite
    Halo 3 ODST (free)
    Left 4 Dead (free)
    Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
    Grand Theft Auto IV - Classics Edition
    Xbox 360 Black Play & Charge Kit (Xbox 360)
    Extra wireless controller

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Amazon have some really good packages alright, i just had a look there, you can pretty much create your own package. I updated the overall console price guide with amazons standard packages, but you really have to check out there website to and create your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

i think gamestops deal is the best.
    I just bought a

Xbox elite
    2 wireless controllers
    Fifa 10
    lego batman/pure
    wireless network adaptor

all for 270 euro. I tried all the other shops but this was the best deal i found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

is the hmv deal still on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

keithgeo wrote: »
    Amazon have some really good packages alright, i just had a look there, you can pretty much create your own package. I updated the overall console price guide with amazons standard packages, but you really have to check out there website to and create your own.

I just order a 120gig elite plus left for dead 2 and forza 3 for 200 pound on amzon. good deal i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

finno wrote: »
    I just order a 120gig elite plus left for dead 2 and forza 3 for 200 pound on amzon. good deal i think

Yep, 2 weeks ago that deal was £10 each for the two extra games..now it's free. So you can pick up an elite + two games, or an elite + extra controller/lego batman/pure + one game for £200 with free delivery :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

finno wrote: »
    have you a link for that by any chance might get that myself or even ur address so i can rob your delivery driver :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

have you a link for that by any chance might get that myself or even ur address so i can rob your delivery driver :pac:

haha i pm you my address you want my bank details too lol

here is a link when you put 2 games in it will be taken off at checkout
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Elite-Console-120GB-Drive/dp/B002NV87OU/ref=dp_ob_title_vg?ie=UTF8&qid=1259260514&sr=8-2

you can pick any 2 games you want

Advertisement