Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find version of k626 requiem

Options
  • 13-11-2009 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

I downloaded a version about 4 years ago but cant remember where and who did it. Any ideas on where I should look? I searched youtube.

I think it might be:
    Sir Colin Rex Davis (conductor)
    Alastair Miles (bass)
    Steve Davislim (tenor)
    Bernarda Fink (alto)
    Ute Selbig (soprano)

Sächsische Staatsoper Dresden Semperoper

If not its very close.

Any one know one like this?
    EDIT:

OK I think its the one from the movie Amadeus. Anyone know who did it where I can get the full version?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Is it the version with the specific artists that you list above that you're looking for? Or are you just looking for a recording of Mozart's Requiem? Sections of the Requiem were indeed featured in 'Amadeus' (conducted by Sir Neville Marriner, not Colin Davis) and there are many many recordings of it available to buy or download. Mozart only wrote one Requiem so you're not going to end up with the wrong piece. It should be easy enough to get a good recording of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

Hello there. The version used in Amadeus was conducted
    by Neville Mariner, available here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mozart-Requiem-Wolfgang-Amadeus/dp/B0000041ST/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1258165282&sr=8-3-fkmr0

Should be available in any decent music shop though.

It's a great version I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Is it the version with the specific artists that you list above that you're looking for? Or are you just looking for a recording of Mozart's Requiem? Sections of the Requiem were indeed featured in 'Amadeus' (conducted by Sir Neville Marriner, not Colin Davis) and there are many many recordings of it available to buy or download. Mozart only wrote one Requiem so you're not going to end up with the wrong piece. It should be easy enough to get a good recording of it.

The Marriner and Davis recordings are quite similar is what I meant. I know it'll be the right composition I end up buying but i I want to know its the particular recording I weant that I buy.

I'll keep searching

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I think I found it all these years later. The Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir.

http://www.amazon.com/Mozart-Requiem-Wolfgang-Amadeus/dp/B0000013N2

Advertisement