Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 10 Thread (Which will inevitably become Colts/Pats thread :))

• 13-11-2009 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Never too early to start i suppose. Was pleasantly surprised to see Sky had the Bears-49ers game but it seems like an interesting one in the early stages, Bears O-Line looking sluggish for the most part and consequently Forte not doing much in early stages. The advantage at QB will swing this for Chicago I feel, even after that goal-line pick

Btw, nice to see Matt Millens landed on his feet after his record breaking season last year :S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Another Pick for Cutler, not his fault this time. Leads to a Frank Gore TD. 7-0 9ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It looks like an interception fest is on the cards tonight. I hope it improves a bit, its not really good D as much as the ball being forced.
    In fairness the first int on Cutler was horrific by him and the second one, well not as bad, Oops nearly another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

And there goes our season. 5 INT's from Cutler :mad:.

Nothing more frustrating then watching the Bears offense look shyte for 58 minutes of the game, then suddenly on the last drive when a score is needed we can move the ball well. Every f'n week we are down it happens. I wonder why....:rolleyes:

Turner doesn't have the balls to call a real play, inside the 5 we run up the middle twice even though the whole way up the field our line proved once again they are incapable of getting any push, then on 3rd down on the 3 what do we do?, we put 2 tackles eligible on the f'n field and Cutler throws his first INT.

Don't get me started on the screen passes, I would be interested to see what the record is for most screens in a game.

Turner has to go.
    Lovie has to go but he wont because the MacCheapskies won't pay him off because 10 million dollars is more important.
    Angelo has to go.

Fresh faces needed.

I've NEVER been so pi**ed off as a Bears fan before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

One of the more uglier games I've watched in some time but just glad we got the win. Offensive Line needs a huge upgrade especially since we couldn't get anything going for the run game about 80% of the time. Pass rushers got through so fast that even in the shotgun, Smith was forced to backpedal a majority of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I'm itching for the Pats to arrive in Lucas field sunday.

The loss in the defence in the Colts should give the Pats an advantage i hate to say. Samuel is a big loss......

But with rookies like Collie stepping to the plate we might just pull it off.

Its gonna be a late one.....not much work to be done on monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

The Niners were unbelievably lucky to win that game imo.

The Bears have talent and actually moved the ball a lot better than the Niners who got what 10 points of 5 turnovers? The Bears O Line is pathetic and is the major thing wrong with their team. They cant run the ball full stop. Cutler has the offense on his shoulder once again and needs to be more disciplined with the ball but tbh he needs to be throwing the ball because of the ineptness of the rest of the O's fundamentals. The Bears in 04-06 had great discipline and pressured teams into mistakes and had a serious amount of turnovers.

Cutler will of course get all the glee full blame for their losses but the Bears problems are more at their foundations-O Line, coaching and discipline. If Orton was on this team they would be lucky to be much better than the Browns imo and would be at my Bills crap level.

The Bears have lost 2 blowouts but all the rest of their games they should have won. Against Green Bay, a horror first have from Cutler cost them along with a ridiculous fake punt attempt, even then they were driving inside two minutes from the win. Against the Falcons, same story, penalties really cost them then with Pace killing their chances on another game winning drive. Again last night, Ints, useless running and bad coaching costs them.

The Bears had drives in the last two minutes of both halfs and came away with 3 points. Both times they moved the ball well through the air. They came of the pitch with 1 TO each time. The clock management is just horrendus.

The Niners need to figure out their offense. Frank Gore is their only man currently.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    And there goes our season. 5 INT's from Cutler :mad:.

Nothing more frustrating then watching the Bears offense look shyte for 58 minutes of the game, then suddenly on the last drive when a score is needed we can move the ball well. Every f'n week we are down it happens. I wonder why....:rolleyes:

Turner doesn't have the balls to call a real play, inside the 5 we run up the middle twice even though the whole way up the field our line proved once again they are incapable of getting any push, then on 3rd down on the 3 what do we do?, we put 2 tackles eligible on the f'n field and Cutler throws his first INT.

Don't get me started on the screen passes, I would be interested to see what the record is for most screens in a game.

Turner has to go.
    Lovie has to go but he wont because the MacCheapskies won't pay him off because 10 million dollars is more important.
    Angelo has to go.

Fresh faces needed.

I've NEVER been so pi**ed off as a Bears fan before.

Jon Gruden or Mike Holgram would be perfect for the Bears imo. Both are QB guys and will put the ****s up the players. Holgrem's Green Bay backround probably means he is out though.

I wonder should the Bears see what they would get for some of their talent on the market. Urlacher I know is the defensive leader but is on the slide, some desperate GM though I'd say would give a pretty good offer. The Bears need picks to address the line or hope Chris Williams becomes the first round LT they hoped for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Agree SF were lucky, that last drive of theirs where they ran it 9 out of 10 plays, trying to run down the clock from 8 minutes out, that almost made them deserve to lose, they had no intention of even trying to score a TD and actually win the game on offence, it was a bit pathetic. You have Crabtree, Davis and Josh Morgan down the field and don't even run a play action to try and at least get within field goal range. It was sad, and indicative of the whole game, a battle of defences, which was interesting enough in itself, I thought. Chicago were just woeful, though they could have easily stolen it at the end. Two very mediocre teams.

As for the Pats and Colts, agree the Pats are favourites, with Indy's banged up secondary. But the patriots haven't been dominant this year either, and really haven't beaten a whole lot of decent teams. We're going to learn a lot I think. Give me Indy by 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

I'm actually really looking forward to the Colts-Patriots game, it is truly the one challenge as a Colts fan that i look forward to most. Serious level of mutual respect between these teams, understandable since the last few contests have been decided by less than a touchdown, and who could ever forget the epic 2006 AFC Championship game. Even New England fans must admit that there's nothing like two legendary QB's going at it! I'm glad that the Pats finished 2nd in the division the same year we did, as this contest is truly what makes the NFL great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I am absolutely salivating at the thought of the Pats vs Colts. Peyton Manning has been flawless so far this season and Tom Brady is hitting form again after a dodgy start, a classic battle of the QB's lies ahead.

The Steelers and the Bengals should also be a tight one, its for top spot in AFC North, as will the Cowboys and the Packers.

Lets go Pats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

cant wait for the Colts-Pats game...just hope it turns out to be the game that everyone expects from it, and not some snooze fest. and sure why not stay up and watch it. not like i have anything to do on mondays anyways. Channel 5 here i come :D

on another note the Jags have their season making/breaking game against the Jets this evening. on paper i really dont think the Jags have a hope against the Jets defense and the number 1 run offense in the league...although with Mojo on the game i guess anything is possibly for us offensively...just cant see the pass rush getting enough pressure on Sanchez to make him mess up though. both teams at 4-4 so this should be a pretty good game! COME ON JAGS!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 choran

Could somebody please PM me a link to a stream for Pats v Colts if they have one. Thanks.

I feel so sick:(:mad:, I spent almost an hour putting up a new thread on the Patriots Colts game and my pc shuts down itself before I posted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Gamepass working well, here we go

Ravens play Monday night so I'll skip around the games tonight

Who thought the Ravens vs the Browns was going to be a premier matchup...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

WTF Just happened. Some chap just ran the whole pitch to score from the kick-off! How in the name of god was he not tackled ?

Chris Johnson 28 yd TD run, the guy is on another level

Is the pats game on Channel 5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Why is there no cheerleaders on Sky Sports coverage ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Ye gotta check out this play :
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81433994/WK-10-Can-t-Miss-Play-Washington-shenanigans :eek:

Denver on a different game plan tonite, they're going LONG, more :eek: but in a :) way !

Damn, double :eek: :eek:, Orton may be out with an ankle injury !

God what a play:eek::eek::eek:
    Full respect :cool:
    Damn, double :eek: :eek:, Orton may be out with an ankle injury !

Simms is an adequate backup
    And was pushing for starter position pre-season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Orton injured for Broncos. Hopefully we'll hold on to the win, up by 3 in the 3rd. Would hate to lose 3 on the trot after such a brilliant start...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Is the pats game on Channel 5?

it is indeed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

redout wrote: »
    WTF Just happened. Some chap just ran the whole pitch to score from the kick-off! How in the name of god was he not tackled ?

Great Blocking is why.

redout wrote:
    Why is there no cheerleaders on Sky Sports coverage ?

Not sure what you mean here? Do you mean during actual coverage of the games? Or like when they used to have the red button option and would fill the gaps with vids of cheerleaders.

If its the first its because they are piggy backing the US feed and the second is because the red button is no more and the lads in studio fill the gaps.

mikemac wrote: »
    God what a play:eek::eek::eek:
    Full respect :cool:

I was watching that on a live feed turned away looked back and say the WR in the endzone and I was like wtf just happened. Love those fake punts.

Upset special week 10 it seems

Bengals over Steelers
    Panthers over Falcons
    Buccs over Dolphins
    Jaguars over Jets
    Redskins over Broncos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

phins get a FG to nick it. Second team to get the lead at the end and blow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

What horrible game management by the Rams. Two dumpoffs to the middle of the field with less than a minute and no timeouts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Saints are 9-0. Not the best of wins but who cares? Who Dat!

Saints made very hard work of it
    I'm glad I'm not a betting man as I doubt the Saints beat the spread here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

The Eagles down 0-7 in San Diego, the offense struggling to get things going early on. Really need a win in this one as I think Dallas will beat Green Bay.

Upset special week 10 it seems

Bengals over Steelers
    Panthers over Falcons
    Buccs over Dolphins didn't happen
    Jaguars over Jets
    Redskins over Broncos
    The last one is the only one I'd call an upset and it was no certainty either given the Broncos had lost their last two.
    The Bengals have been excellent this year. What they did to the Ravens last week showed that they are the real deal.
    Carolina beat Arizona well and then gave the Saints a real game. Falcons have been up and down and had lost to Carolina in Atlanta already this year.
    Jags are not that bad, and the Jets have only one win from their last five.

Philadelphia down 14-3 midway through the second. Went down 14-0 and had a chance to half that with first and goal from the one and failed to get anymore than a field goal :rolleyes:. Was a positive drive getting there so hopefully the offense can step it up a gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Packers lead 3-0 at the half in the high scoring late game. :D Packers D has stepped up. Just need to close it out now. 3-0 will do me!

eagle eye wrote: »
    The last one is the only one I'd call an upset and it was no certainty either given the Broncos had lost their last two.
    The Bengals have been excellent this year. What they did to the Ravens last week showed that they are the real deal.
    Carolina beat Arizona well and then gave the Saints a real game. Falcons have been up and down and had lost to Carolina in Atlanta already this year.

Thing is though what hurt the Broncos today was losing Orton before the half. He threw 193 yards and two touchdowns in the first half. After the break momentum was demolished by Chris Simms taking over and he was abysmal. Feel sorry for the Broncos as much as I don't like them. Their Defense was then worn down as their offense couldn't move the ball in the air at all. Summarise had they not lost Orton they would have won that game. So I would agree with C Bong it was a shock. It had nothing to do with losing 2 previous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭deisedude

Bengals complete the double over the Steelers and the Bearcats still undefeated. Its been a good weekend in Cincinnati!:D

• Advertisement

I started a new thread for the Patriots vs Colts game. I didn't put as much effort into it as I did earlier on. Still I put enough into it this time too.

McCarthy is an idiot.

EDIT: So is Bum's son Wade.

The Bengals on track to win AFC North in aaaaaaaaaaages

Fair dues to them, they deserve it
    I'll accept Bengals win the Division, Ravens get a wildcard and Steelers crash and burn in a Superbowl slump!
    I started a new thread for the Patriots vs Colts game. I didn't put as much effort into it as I did earlier on. Still I put enough into it this time too.

You put plently of time into it, a very good writeup

First time this season I havent been able to find a Raiders stream, thank god tbh. Following it on gamecentre and it's a shocker. Jaburger 8/24 for 64 yards, ugh hes been benched and Gradkowksi is in now.. Still losing 13-10. I'll be sick if we don't sweep the chiefs.

First time this season I havent been able to find a Raiders stream, thank god tbh.

JaMarcus Russell just got benched........I'll leave you to decide if that's a good thing

Looks like JaMarcus Russell is going to pick up the weekly JaMarcus Russell award :pac:

• Advertisement

They should of kept the useless git(Jaburger) on the bench, just throws an int. Edit - Seems grad throw the int, it came up on gamecenter as JR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Dallas 17-0 down thanks to a bad call from the officials on a fumble recovery. Dallas challenge, the officials take a look and then the officials come out and say that a fumble recovery is not a reviewable play.

Looks like a good week for the Giants, with both Dallas and Philadelphia losing

Cant believe we the Eagles have a chance of getting the win. We were getting trounced but have clawed it back to within 5 points with plenty of time remaining. Going to be a tense finish, would be some comeback if we could manage it!

Atleast JR isn't the only one putting in a shocker of a performance. The ref in the Cowboys Packers game is doing nearly as bad. Two rules he's forgotten about already. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

ffs if Broncos lose next week to SD playoff hopes would start fading away... lost my stream in the 3rd but Simms' stats are awful, hope Orton is back Sunday!!

According to Vegas, all were upsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Huge win for the packers. No reason we can't go on a run now

Nice start to the indy game. It looks like it could live up to expectation.

cooker3 wrote: »
    Huge win for the packers. No reason we can't go on a run now

Nice start to the indy game. It looks like it could live up to expectation.

Defo That win keeps the Packs season alive.

According to Vegas, all were upsets.
    I'd have considered them all hard games to call so while a team might have been a favourite, I wouldn't call it an upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Defo That win keeps the Packs season alive.

Aye, next 2 games are vs SF and Detroit.
    Then home to Baltimore. We go into 7-4 into that, who knows.

Brady to Moss. It's killing Indy. Outstanding stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement