Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Printer?

• 13-11-2009 4:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking for the best deal in a wireless printer....
    Anybody see any good ones at reasonable prices?

Thanks
    Alan!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

You haven't given us a lot of background info to go on Al!

Assuming you want it for normal home use I'd suggest the Canon Pixma MP560.

Cheapest I could find after a quick search was Elara for €138.51 + delivery or pick up in Parkwest. Microaid.ie in Swords have it for €143.66 if that is more convenient for you.

I have the wired version of this printer the MP540 and am very happy with it. I'm currently using it with these compatible ink cartridges and notice no difference in print quality from the original Canon cartridges.

You might get some more info on this thread. Perhaps PM cormie who has the MP560 for his opinion on it.

invest4deepvalue.com

thehunter wrote: »
    If you are in Cork I bought a brother one yesterday for home for €99 and the thing came with a 2 year warranty:D

If you are going to be of any assistance to the OP or others you'll need to give a bit more detail Hunter!

Model number, where you purchased, price of replacement cartridges etc.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Norfork Nights

I was kinda hoping at this stage to get one for about 99euro. I'm looking for an ink-jet printer. I dont really mind about the brand. (As long as its a market leading brand!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

On the latest PC World flyer...

HP F4580 - 69.99euro (30euro off)
    HP C47890 - 89.99euro (1/2 price)
    Epson A230 - 99.99euro (1/2 price)

Don't know whether these guys are good/bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,037 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

HP C6380 wifi ( printer / scanner / copier ) - they had 23 left in PC world tallaght last week. Reduced to €99. Great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

These looked good.
    Picked up the HP C4780 for 90e (1/2 price) at PC World today. It's a wireless all-in-one, Print/Scan/Copy.
    leex wrote: »
    On the latest PC World flyer...

HP F4580 - 69.99euro (30euro off)
    HP C47890 - 89.99euro (1/2 price)
    Epson A230 - 99.99euro (1/2 price)

Don't know whether these guys are good/bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Do-more wrote: »
    You haven't given us a lot of background info to go on Al!

Assuming you want it for normal home use I'd suggest the Canon Pixma MP560.

Cheapest I could find after a quick search was Elara for €138.51 + delivery or pick up in Parkwest. Microaid.ie in Swords have it for €143.66 if that is more convenient for you.

I have the wired version of this printer the MP540 and am very happy with it. I'm currently using it with these compatible ink cartridges and notice no difference in print quality from the original Canon cartridges.

You might get some more info on this thread. Perhaps PM cormie who has the MP560 for his opinion on it.

I have the MP620 myself Do-More :) I've had no trouble with it at all and find it pretty good alright. I don't do an awful lot of printing but have been happy with the printing I have done, I've recently ordered 5 replacement cartridges, inkrite, from amazon at a cost of about £20. I didn't want to just order any "compatible" unofficial and the inkrite had pretty good reviews so went for them. They should be delivered in the next few days, these are my first replacement cartridges for the ones that came with it, it's been a while since I bought it but haven't printed too much.

I've always gone for canon, they get great reviews and the replacement ink cost is low. It's the best combination.

cormie wrote: »
    I have the MP620 myself Do-More :)

:o My bad,suggesting the wrong model!

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement