Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post office Messed up

Options
  • 13-11-2009 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Guy don't know what to do about this: Payed €150 off my CC last wednesday at the GPO and only €50 has been credited to my account. Am certain of it now I'll have to dig up the receipt if I can find it.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You should have a receipt from the post office of the transaction of paying 150e off, I'd say contact the bank and provide them proof of this payment

If you don't have the receipt then I don't see how you can prove you paid anything more then 50e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wench

Even if you can't find the receipt, talk to An Post about it. If a mistake was made whereby you gave in 150, but only 50 was rung into the system, then the cashier's till would have been over by the €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

Are you sure it wasn't two separate transactions? Sometimes they can only select certain amounts to input, but then you would have had two receipts.

They would have cctv anyway and may be able to see what was handed over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Normally when you pay a bill at the PO they will staple the receipt to the bill, saw a similar thing happen a lady in front of me there a few weeks back, but she spotted it before she left the PO , and ran back to the assistant at the counter. He told her what was mentioned above that his till was likely over by that amount now but couldn't check until the end of that day, which is fair enough.

The earlier you spot something like that though the better chance you have of it going in your favor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Thanks for the feedback. No sign of the receipt yet. Will have to keep looking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement