Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish taxback in Sydney

Options
  • 13-11-2009 7:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a good agency to claim back Irish tax if you dont have mch to show re documentation? Obviously have my passport, but apart from that I only know my PPS, have no P60s or whatnot. Saw an ad for such a service in BBM the other week, but cant find the mag for the life of me. Any idea how long it takes to acquire the refund? (hopefully soon. Only scored a half weeks wrk this week, and Id rather be on the streets next week than work during the Ireland France match on Thursday :) )

Also, can someone remind me, how many years back can you go? Got my last refund at the end of 2006.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Taxback.com

They can request all your P60s for ye

Im in Oz now and I just got my refund from me last job in Dublin, yeowww

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

taxback:
    Thats who i used too.
    they have an online interface to track all the progress of getting the money back, then low and behold a nice deposit into your account out of the blue.
    but i get an email every 2 or 3 months from them chasing me up for details for getting my super back... but i suppose i did tell them that i want them to claim it back for me but never provided the docs.

Though I would only use them if you are looking for the tax that you paid in sydney. (since you pay them a percentage of what you get back). they will do the irish tax back but its dead easy to do...

If you are looking for tax refunds from when you were working in Ireland
    1) Check out https://www.revenue.ie/wiclo/details.jsp
    2) enter your pps number and find out the details for your tax office.

email them, give them your PPS number, and ask for a "P21 balancing statement" for as far back as they can go.
    I got a cheque when i did this so if you are in sydney i dont know how this would work for you.
    (think it was 4 years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

DON'T USE TAXBACK.COM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!
    They take a huge chunk of it for themselves.

If you're in Australia and want to claim your taxback, why don't you do it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

How much of a chunk? They were pretty vague on this. tbh Id nearly rather pay them a bit to get my max rather than **** it up doing it myself.

Essentially Ive had four jobs since 2005, have no P60s for any of them. And the revenue website is giving me a headache.

Also, got my Aussie tax refund the other week, but not my "expenses" ( :) ). Do these typically arrive a little later? Think the tax agent may have mentioned it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Got mine credited this week to my account by emailing for P21s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭bungaro

DON'T USE TAXBACK.COM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!
    They take a huge chunk of it for themselves.

If you're in Australia and want to claim your taxback, why don't you do it yourself?

second this!! taxback are absolute thieves, check your messages shane86

Advertisement