Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vmware Vs Hyper V Vs Xen Server

Options
  • 13-11-2009 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello All,

Does anyone believe Hyper V will over take Vmware in the not too distant future as the Virtualization solution of choice. I dont have a great deal of vitualization experience but seems inevitable that it will. Not forgetting Xen server either.

If you were to do a course which product would you choose ?

Thanks

Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

If I was to do a course I'd do VMware and get certified as a VCP which I hope to do.

To be honest, I'm not so open minded in this area - have you used VMware? Its amazing!
    I understand I lean more to VMware because thats all I've used and I can't imagine myself using anything else.

VMware are around a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Hey,
    Did the Citrix course last year and in the middle of the VMWare course now.

Why do you think Hyper V will "over take" VMware?

In my comparsion of the 2 I have experiance with I say go with VMWare. I think it has progressed so much and it is definatly impressing me a lot more than Citrix with features and ease of use.

We have both enviroments where I work and while the Citrix systems are being ignore (basically) we are planning on expending our VMware systems European wide : )

Advertisement