Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange opera mini 'glitch'

• 13-11-2009 8:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Just curious...

Opera Mini 4.2 on my e71 has been acting a bit funny for 2 days:

When I enter text in an entry field and click 'ok', Opera Mini automatically starts connecting (i.e. bottom of the screen it shows the 'connecting'-bar, and unless I press stop, it reloads the page)!

Just wondering if it's my phone or opera?

also, yesterday I minimised om, and as I'm on the homescreen, the little window to choose access points opens up...as if on it's own will opera mini was asking to connect while I was 'neglecting it'(opera mini at that time was minimised and the only active app! Nothing else open that would want to make me choose an access point)

Anyone else (i.e. Long_b)???
    Very odd. Who do I blame ffs? :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

strecker wrote: »
    Just curious...

Opera Mini 4.2 on my e71 has been acting a bit funny for 2 days:

When I enter text in an entry field and click 'ok', Opera Mini automatically starts connecting (i.e. bottom of the screen it shows the 'connecting'-bar, and unless I press stop, it reloads the page)!

Just wondering if it's my phone or opera?
    I've noticed this on some sites but just assumed it was the way the page was written (i.e. Doing a postback) ? Funny though as stopping the reload doesn't seem to hurt the page's functionality - the form still submits.

*EDIT* It does seem to be doing it a lot more often now that you mention it. Just tried a form there and it did it a few times. It's OM !
    the little window to choose access points opens up...as if on it's own will opera mini was asking to connect while I was 'neglecting it

Let's not go there on the access points window. :(
    I seem to remember somewhere (could have been on the 5800) that you could choose a default access point for an app ? Anyway, as I'm moving around I often get this when the connection drops or times out maybe - but it does seem strange to get it when it's not active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Yeah, I'd say it's om, and it's getting worse...
    Though not on all sites - it's bad here and on ixplora.com/forums , esato.com... Others, like twitter etc are fine...

As to the acccess point selection: I know there are ways to set a default ap, and to get om to connect without asking, but I actually like the little 'reminder' - some sites don't work with live! or at times one access point is faster etc... It's easier to just pick your point at the beginning of a 'session' imho

Now lets see if I can post this?!

Advertisement