Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun Licence

Options
  • 13-11-2009 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

I know this is probably an old question here, but can anyone point me to the current rules for applying for a shotgun licence? I have tried searching here, but my internet connection is so slow today that it is painful searching all the lists of posts!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

In theory, you need permission from 2 landholders to shoot on their land and you have to have deposit on your chosen gun. Alternatively you can join a club. With the new licensing procedure you also need proof of competence, which would be a training course. Ask at your local club if they're running safety courses or where the nearest place to take one is.

I'm not sure if they're giving licenses to anyone not in a club at this stage.

Advertisement