Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacklisted by 02

• 13-11-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Anyone have any suggestions about getting a phone that has been blacklisted by o2 operational permanently again...

Lost my phone, got a new one from insurance, found phone again, want to get numbers off it etc., but if they 'un-blacklist' it will it only be operational for a certain time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ring them and ask them to unblock it?

happened to me; lost phone-rang o2 to block it & sim-luckily the guy that found it had rang my last dialled number to say he found a phone and gave details to meet him.

rang o2 later when i had the phone to unblock it and no probs.

could take up to 24hours for the phone to be activated again tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tierney2

Thanks..
    will that affect the new phone I got from the insurance aswell though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

No need to do anything. If all you are doing is getting numbers off it, the phone will still turn on, you just won't be able to make/receive calls/texts.

If you're planning to unblacklist it and use it, you're being fraudulent, and you're supposed to return the phone to the insurance company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Pretty much what Chrislad said.

You may not be intentionally committing fraud (you didn't plan on losing the phone and a stroke of luck found it for you), but like any insurance policey it's there to reimburse not to profit from.

If you need help moving contacts over post the old and new model here, there's plenty will help you do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

chrislad wrote: »
    If you're planning to unblacklist it and use it, you're being fraudulent, and you're supposed to return the phone to the insurance company.

If fairness to tierney2, I don't think the intention was to commit fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    If fairness to tierney2, I don't think the intention was to commit fraud.

I never said he was. I just said that if he was planning to use it, it would be fraud. Right before that I said there was no need to get it unblacklisted if he were just getting data off the phone.

Advertisement