Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply

Options
  • 13-11-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Need a psu in a hurry can anyone recommend bricks and morter shop where I can buy over the counter.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

stanley1 wrote: »
    Need a psu in a hurry can anyone recommend bricks and morter shop where I can buy over the counter.

Regards

Peats of Parnell Street and Maplins, just around the corner in Jervis Street.

Marx Computers in Fairview will also help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

many thanks, on my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Don't buy a cheap generic branded PSU. They are usually 30% less in efficiency than their stated specs. This had let to shorts and damage of equipment for some I know in the past. So, over the counter, don't spend less than €60 on a ~400W or less than €80 on ~600W. Also, make sure the brand name is reputable.

Just my advice. Crap PSU's are a curse. The PSU is probably the most important piece of equipment to get right to have stability, followed by the motherboard, in my opinion.

Advertisement