Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs France Match - Cork City

Options
  • 13-11-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere good to watch the match 2moro night. Ive seen a few places around the country and in Dublin have turned theatres/clubs into match venues with the game being shown on the big screen/stage. Anything similar planned for Cork? If not what pubs would be best to watch it in with good atmosphere and lots of fans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Anywhere you go tomorrow will more than likely have a good few people in for the match. If I was going out for it then Costigans or the Old Oak would be where I would head for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone know if its live wednesday night?

I thought RTE would have it but it isnt listed. :confused: Keep an eye on Setanta Ireland as they have a game scheduled for Wednesday evening but it doesnt say which one yet. If they arent showing it The Evergreen in Turners Cross has a few channels which it may be on so you could try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I heard a rumour last week that the French were charging too much cash from RTE to show their coverage, could be just a rumour though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hope it is live,it would be a real pity if it was'nt.

• Advertisement

Setanta Ireland isnt showing it, It's in the hands of RTE now. The FFF are looking for around €1.5mil & I cant see RTE paying that much.

The FAI sold the rights for €4.5 mil so you cant really blame the FFF for taking the same stance. It will be a shame if it isnt on so here's hoping RTE can pull something off.

Edie: It was just on the news that "significant progress" has been made in getting the rights so it sounds ike it'll be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Apparently RTE have now secured the rights...rumour still though as I can't find confirmation anywhere. Have a look in the soccer forum.

Ludo wrote: »
    Apparently RTE have now secured the rights...rumour still though as I can't find confirmation anywhere. Have a look in the soccer forum.

On the radio just now, they have said that RTE will pay €800k to show the game but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

The Evergreen is good for soccer matches. I used to go there quite a lot to see premier league games.

I'm guessing it hasn't changed much in the last few years? Should still be a good place to go to see a match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement