Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beds in Cork

Options
  • 13-11-2009 12:18pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a new bed. I've already been to Swan Beds, but I want to check prices in other places. Can anyone recommend somewhere with good deals and knowledgeable staff? It's not a long-term investment bed, so I don't need any fancy top-of-the-line places like Caseys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The Loft do beds IIRC.

Or if you are just looking for a Cheap one then Harvey Normans would do you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Go Harvey Go...
    Alternatively, get the car and head up to IKEA. Maybe make a day of it and explore the surrounding areas!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Remember to bring your wheels with you as they wll be gone when you get back LOL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh, I never realised that Harvey Norman did beds. I might head out there later so!
    Cool_CM wrote: »
    Go Harvey Go...
    Alternatively, get the car and head up to IKEA. Maybe make a day of it and explore the surrounding areas!;)

I can't control myself in Ikea :(. I go mad and spend loads. My biggest regret moving from Edinburgh was that I couldn't bring my Poang chair back with me. God I miss it...

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Faith wrote: »
    Oh, I never realised that Harvey Norman did beds. I might head out there later so!

I can't control myself in Ikea :(. I go mad and spend loads. My biggest regret moving from Edinburgh was that I couldn't bring my Poang chair back with me. God I miss it...

I just googled Poang chair. I chucked out 2 of these last week. :confused:
    Didn't know they went for such a price. In hindsight I should have given them a good wash and kept em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

We dumped one of those chairs last month, can't see why you'd want one, bloody uncomfortable.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

beds are not that hard to make yourself. few planks, bolt them together then a whole load of small ones to hold up the mattress and .. a few chains to suspend it from the ceiling?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Was fixing a car in Mayfield today and spotted a place that do beds from 99 Euro up. It's behind the Aldi in Mayfield if that's any good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Got one recently in John White's, North Main Street. Inexpensive yet heavenly comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Dudess wrote: »
    Got one recently in John White's, North Main Street. Inexpensive yet heavenly comfortable.

John Whites are closed now. Unfortunately - great shop, and a good friend of mine used to work there. It's a 2 Euro/Thrifty shop of some sort now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh, not so recent so - well about a year ago. That's a shame - they sold some really nice stuff, at a very reasonable price.

Advertisement