Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell happened to soft days?

Options
  • 13-11-2009 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously? Where have they gone? Now its either dry or its pouring and pounding down. Any weather gurus fancy speculating as to the shift away from light "misty" rain on a gentle breeze to gale force wettness?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I don't think anything has happened to them to be honest. Still plenty of "soft days" knocking about. Heavy showers have always been a feature of the Irish climate and from a personal perspective only, I see neither increase nor decrease in frequency or intensity.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

mike65 wrote: »
    Seriously? Where have they gone? Now its either dry or its pouring and pounding down. Any weather gurus fancy speculating as to the shift away from light "misty" rain on a gentle breeze to gale force wettness?

This matches my impression too.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

greysides wrote: »
    This matches my impression too.

+1 , thier are no light showers anymore , only deluges , hate to sound like a cliche but its climate change

I'll be looking into upgrading the drainage in my garden if this keeps up!
    Never seen it so wet!

Can't measure it as the weather station sensors have failed.

Advertisement