Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Montage

Options
  • 13-11-2009 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi

I would like to create a montage of clips from movies I have on DVD with a soundtrack playing over them.

What software to I need to take the clips from the DVD's
    What software should I use to put my montage together.

I tried Windows Movie Maker but my PC keeps crashing when I load more than 1 clip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

an_other wrote: »
    What software to I need to take the clips from the DVD's

A DVD ripper, there's a number of them online for pc and mac, though most of them are only shareware and have limited features. Some free ones out there though.

What software should I use to put my montage together.

There's a few free editing software but they are not very good, you could try a free trial of one of the main ones, I dont think adobe premiere does them anymore, but Sony Vegas still does http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro you could use that to quickly put something together before the trial runs out.
    I tried Windows Movie Maker but my PC keeps crashing when I load more than 1 clip

Most likely the format of the clip you imported. Windows movie maker tends to be very tempermental and wants WMV files most of the time. Doesnt like DIVX or similar.

though there might be a patch out that fixes this, I wouldnt know as I use Final cut pro on the mac.

This is an AV question so I am moving this over to the AV forum for a better response then my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭an_other

Cheers BlitzKrieg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭an_other

I had my first go at video editing I used a package called Pitivi Video editor and had no trouble.

Here's what I made just for a bit of fun.

I know it's easy using a main stream movie and popular song but I have to start somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7k8MlWNs0

Advertisement