Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three.ie

• 13-11-2009 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

<internal link removed>

what are people's experiences of this Broadband supplier??

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They don't provide broadband, and they're one of the worst midband providers.

Your link is an internal Intranet one, so I removed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 patt1616

They seem to deliberately mix up their bits and Bytes in their ads., their "customer complaints" is a group of people in India with a prepared script, a long-winded computer program and no idea of whats happening in Ireland, they are about seven times slower than their nearest rival. If you need more I will make out a list for you if I can find enough paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

If their network is down and you call technical support, they'll tell you it's "due to the bad weather", even when the sun is shining and there isn't as much as a breeze outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

How did you miss the thread with over 7000 replies..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 patt1616

Quote: How did you miss the thread with over 7000 replies..

He probably has just seen the new black dongle in the ads.; someone's been busy with a paint brush. Are we supposed to believe its different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

patt1616 wrote: »
    Quote: How did you miss the thread with over 7000 replies..

He probably has just seen the new black dongle in the ads.; someone's been busy with a paint brush. Are we supposed to believe its different.
    any dongle/modem will only get speeds that are made available by the service provider so imagine if you will being sold a ferarri that was capable of 200mph but the speed limit is 10mph, three sell modems capable of 7.2mbps but they only provide a fraction of this speed to individual customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dialer

If your in Loughrea and thinking of getting 3 broadband dongle, Forget It.
    Since the opening of their high street shop levels have dropped out and try to get a decent connection especially in the evening is terrible. Upload speed varies so much it Disastrous and not work the pain involved.
    Try another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hmmmmm?

Anyone looking to do a classaction lawsuit against Three.ie for false advertising ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Hmmmmm? wrote:
    Anyone looking to do a classaction lawsuit against Three.ie for false advertising ?

On what grounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Gooser14 wrote: »
    On what grounds?

Don't even get started - I don't think our legal systems has such a thing as a class action.

• Advertisement
Advertisement