Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW DIT FILM SOCIETY

Options
  • 13-11-2009 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

A new DIT Film Society has been set up and will be having its first meeting in the coming week in Aungier St. We would like to invite everyone who's interested in watching or making films to join.

We have a host of activities planned, from screening a diverse range of homegrown and foreign films to making our own shorts, we also plan to get guest speakers from the film industry to share their experiences and visit studios such as RTE and Ardmore.

All are welcome, we'll update the thread when we have a set time and place for our meeting :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Sounds excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

Sounds excellent

+1

Would love to see this take off

WIN! im so there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Very interested.

Barbara, remind me to go on the day:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

Definitely interested.
    I love movies an unhealthy amount!
    Would be balls at making my own though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DITFilmSociety

Hi again, the first ever meeting of the DIT Film Soc will take place at 6pm on wednesday, we have yet to confirm a venue so for now we are meeting in the SU in Aungier St. please spread the word :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TheGentleman

Ooh, cool! +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

Ooooh, i'd be very interested in this but you do realize the match is on tomorrow

Hey our meeting will be taking place tomorrow at 6pm in room 4091 Aungier St. and there'll be pizza!!

Sorry that this clashes with the match but if you can't come this week do come next week, everyone's welcome and we'd love to see you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I would love to go! Wont be able to make it tomorrow night because of the match , but I will be there next week!!!
    I was wondering when/if there would be a film soc.
    When I was in CIT the film soc was the biggest. they used to show a movie once a week too. just a suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

hope there hasn't been a mistake with the room. Didn't think they went up to around 90 rooms per floor o.O

on my way there now

Hey. I turned up, and got directed to the Black Box theatre, only to notice no-one there. I was a little late, though, so maybe that was it. What happened?

Hey our meeting will be taking place tomorrow at 6pm in room 4091 Aungier St. and there'll be pizza!!

Sorry that this clashes with the match but if you can't come this week do come next week, everyone's welcome and we'd love to see you there :)

Yeah someone checked there at some stage just to make sure mustn't have caught you. Unfortunate you missed this post. it was on 4th floor room 91.

Hi, i'm sorry you were misdirected, we were meant to be in the black box theatre but it wasn't confirmed so we got a different room just to make sure we weren't homeless on the night, please don't let that turn you off Film Soc.

We will be showing weekly movies and doing a host of other things so come along next week and we can fill you in on what we have planned :)

will it be in the same room next week? at 6?

Hopefully we'll have the blackbox theatre next week, but i will post a definite venue on Monday when i have it all sorted

Where is that?

Quickest way in is if you walk straight through the front door and keep on going towards the windows. There's a small staircase there that leads straight down to it. 2 sets of double doors. Main entrance is the one to the right.

Cheers!!! I hope I can make it!

Hey, unfortunately we were unable to get the blackbox so we'll be booking a room tomorrow, i'll post it here and put up a sign in the SU, sorry about the confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

Is this on?

Hey sorry for not being able to post sooner, we're having a screening at 6 in room 3073

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Shoot-a

I was there at 6 and nada was the hip haps :(

yeah unfortunately we figured that the people in there were taking it for another full period as the other people using it were redirected. We took the one down the hall. I'm pretty sure we stilled till around 6 though

So, did we decide what genre we're looking at next week? Hitchcock?

wolfric wrote: »
    yeah unfortunately we figured that the people in there were taking it for another full period as the other people using it were redirected. We took the one down the hall. I'm pretty sure we stilled till around 6 though

ah well , no harm done, hopefully ill catch yall next week!

just wondering what kind of club it is exactly:

watch films or make films? (primarily)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

Shoot-a wrote: »
    just wondering what kind of club it is exactly:

watch films or make films? (primarily)

BOTH :D

For the moment we're focuising on screening films til the end of the semester but hopefully we'll be working on producing some shorts starting in February so people can think of ideas to submit over the hols.

We were very peeved that 3073 was taken, we had booked it and clearly whoever was in there didn't bother to check hopefully we'll have a venue sorted well in advance next week, we'll also be announcing plans for our xmas party :D

• Advertisement

Hey, we'll be screening a Hitchcock film in room 4083 tomorrow at 6pm :)

Advertisement