Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.thepcogroup.co.uk

Options
  • 13-11-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Has anybody dealt with this company guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

If anyone's interested, I ended up buying from them. Very nice system and well put together. It was over a week late though and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I was told by one of the guys that the item had been shipped even though I spoke to the courier and they hadn't even received it from the company. I told him this and he just said, "No no, it's gone alright!". Basically lying through his teeth.

Just wanted to add this line in case anyone Googled a review of them. (pcogroup review thepcogroup pco group)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The problem with these PC building websites is that they often neglect to tell you that one item of your PC is not in stock which is why there are delays. A friend bought a PC from Ankermann and had to wait nearly 2 months for his PC to arrive, it was madness. Its too late now but for next time I would recommend sourcing the components and building yourself.

On that website their basic i5 PC here is £477. A stupid quote as there is not even a graphics card included so the PC would be useless if somebody bought it expecting it to work straight out of the box??

Anyway I priced each item seperately on ebuyer.com so buying and building yourself would of saved you £75

CPU £143.70
    M/b £78.39
    RAM £90.34
    H/D £27.06
    PSU £39.42
    Case £22.99

Tot: £401.90

A stupid quote as there is not even a graphics card included so the PC would be useless if somebody bought it expecting it to work straight out of the box??

Well I think it's up to the buyer to have a bit of cop on and know what they need to run the PC or failing that they're pretty helpful when you speak to them about what you want (pre-purchase! :)).
    The problem with these PC building websites is that they often neglect to tell you that one item of your PC is not in stock which is why there are delays. A friend bought a PC from Ankermann and had to wait nearly 2 months for his PC to arrive, it was madness. Its too late now but for next time I would recommend sourcing the components and building yourself.

On that website their basic i5 PC here is £477.

Anyway I priced each item seperately on ebuyer.com so buying and building yourself would of saved you £75

CPU £143.70
    M/b £78.39
    RAM £90.34
    H/D £27.06
    PSU £39.42
    Case £22.99

Tot: £401.90
    In fairness to them now it's a very good system. And maybe it would be cheaper to build your own but I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to save me the hassle plus they gave a three year warranty including shipping so that's pretty cool. I think the case for it was delayed by a week from what I could gather. I wouldn't have minded it being late if they'd said it straight out, I'm pretty laid back like that. I was just annoyed they didn't come outright and say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Trevor O wrote: »
    they gave a three year warranty including shipping so that's pretty cool. I think the case for it was delayed by a week from what I could gather.

that is pretty cool!

The delay seems to be a very common thing with them, check their reviews on hexus.net

Effluo wrote: »
    that is pretty cool!

The delay seems to be a very common thing with them, check their reviews on hexus.net

Ha! I looked everywhere for a legit review of them before I bought (the ones I foud I believe were planted by themselves) and there was none! These reviews have all gone up since! Would have saved me a lot of worry! Ben, the chap I dealt with, told me last week they're moving office so their phone system is a bit screwed up at the moment. But I didn't know this a fortnight ago and got an "engaged" tone a bunch of times and thought I was after being taken for a ride! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wallaby

I ordered a PC from the pcogroup.co.uk. After waiting for many weeks, and after numerous phone calls where I had to keep contacting them to find out what was going on, I ended up cancelling. I'm now waiting for a refund.

Their customer service is useless. All you get are delays and more delays. And getting through to them on the phone is a nightmare as it is always engaged. They never contacted me to explain the reasons for delays - I always had to contact them, and each time I was fobbed off with the promise that it would be dispatched in a few days - which it never was.

I don't think that they are a good company. I would never go near them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

I wouldn't touch these guys with a very very very long stick. I imagine any reviews you come across are planted by thepcogroup themselves.

I ordered a gaming computer from them. After I placed the order I didn't hear a thing from them so decided to ring them. Apparently the reason for the delay was that they were out of stock of the motherboard. Fair enough, I then picked another one. This happened 2 more times. And the the motherboard failed in "testing". They never ring to tell you, you only find out when you ring. Or I should probably say you find out what excuse they can make up on the spot.

Anyway after ages of waiting and the fact that my credit card had been charged i was getting very worried. Eventually the computer arrived. Turned it on and I get a blue screen before it even gets to log into windows. After that I might get it running for 5 mins before blue screen and then it went into an endless loop of restarting, blue screen, restarting, blue screen... you get the picture.

So I decide I've had enough of this company & their crappy compters and tell them I want a refund. After about numerous phones calls and a lot of persistence they finally agree to a refund. They organise to have the computer collected. This all happens within a week of recieving it.

So I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and then I wait some for this refund. This waiting is interspersed with phones calls and guarantees that the refund is coming. Eventually I contact my credit card company and tell them the sorry story and they tell me I can apply for a chargeback to get a refund. So I apply for the chargeback and the thepcogroup have a certain amount of time to respond before the chargeback is completed. They do respond and tell the credit card company they never recieved the computer back from me!. Saaay whaaat!They actually arranged for the computer to be collected so I don't know how they could claim this. So the credit card company would not refund me unless I could prove that the computer was returned. Luckily I was able to get a proof of delivery off the courier company and prove that it was returned. So I eventually got my full refund.

To give you a time frame for all of this malarky. I ordered the computer on 18 June 2009 and got the refund just before Xmas 2009 :eek: A good few months has passed since this fiasco so the anger has faded but if I had of come across this thread when it happened this would be a lot more detail and angry :mad:

You can find other people who had similar experiences on the 6 pages here: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=369007&forumid=2&sr=1

Save yourself the grief and build yourself which is what I did after, or go to a physical shop.

Advertisement