Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbotts - Ballytivnan

Options
  • 13-11-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Abbotts have just confirmed that they are looking for 41 voluntary redundancies from their Ballytivnan plant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I heard that alright, but I thought it was the one on the Manorhamilton Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

they dropped 18 people from their cavan plant in cootehill.

My brother works there and told me it was because they are only allowed a certain number of people working at each line in a shift but they managers had hired extra people to create rolling breaks and allow the line to keep going throughout the breaks.

Apparently they still weren't able to sustain it and then hierarchy made the decision to let them go, although the workers knew it was coming they only expected 9 to be let go, not 18.

He wasn't one of them though so I'm happy enough.

Advertisement