Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2000 Punto scrappage

• 13-11-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi all

A mate has a Punto ( yr 2000) that he no longer has use for and is just going to give it to a scrap yard. He isn't selling it as he describes it as a "piece of sh1t" - heater not working, bodywork in poor nick etc. Is this of any value for any other purpose to anyone else? Would you do anything different?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it still driving? Otherwise a scrap yard will charge your friend for coming out and collecting it.

I'd through it up on www.adverts.ie. Somebody might be interested in breaking it for spare parts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

what part the country you in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

It's still driving and a scrap yard have agreed to take it. It's in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

TheBazman wrote: »
    It's still driving and a scrap yard have agreed to take it. It's in Dublin
    If its still driving and nothing majorly wrong someone will buy it if the price is right

Surely there is an onus on the seller to have the car in a roadworthy condition. This car is borderline and the seller doesn't want to spend anything extra on it, or to deal with buyer complaints down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I'd agree that a car should be in a roadworthy condition if you want to sell it on, more from a covering my own arse standpoint than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Private sale to someone for 100 euro is better than nothing at all. Just make sure the person knows its a "heap of sh1te".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I saw an immaculate 00 30k mile punto scraped due to very light front damage there a few months ago. Your mates car could be very useful in a situation like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is the car 3 door or 5 door?

3 door I think

• Advertisement

Ooh. can you find out?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ooh. can you find out?

It's a 3 door

Whereabouts is the car located?

Whereabouts is the car located?

Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

Surely there is an onus on the seller to have the car in a roadworthy condition. This car is borderline and the seller doesn't want to spend anything extra on it, or to deal with buyer complaints down the line.
    Its a private sale, the onus is on the buyer to make sure its in a driveable condition

Dublin
    Cool, know a guy looking for a 3dr for Rallycross.

Cool, know a guy looking for a 3dr for Rallycross.

Maybe pm me the details and I can pass on the details. I know he is keen to do something with the car pretty soon

Advertisement