Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTi Golf - quick question

• 13-11-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just looking to buy a runaround car at the moment, somebody crashed into me last week and it's written off, so gonna pick up something cheap for the meantime as cash is a bit tight. Looked at a MKIV GTi Golf there today, couple of questions, anyone know around what MPG i'll get with it? And what'll the tax be?

The steering seemed a bit soft, not sure if that's normal? (as I have been driving a newer bmw). Anything in particular I should look for that might cause problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

pick up something cheap for the meantime as cash is a bit tight. Looked at a MKIV GTi Golf

Something cheap????? Eh!!! Maybe a normal golf if your looking for cheap.. They are 1.8 turbos right?? Well tax is gonna run you 500 odd.. and prob more after jan.. Wouldnt think insurance is cheap either.. Say they are in a hight insurance catagory!! MPG is quoted on another site at abot 27mpg....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Suspicious Dave

When I say cheap, I mean cheap to buy. Whatever the cost to run is it'll be less than what I was paying previously so I don't mind 500 tax and insurance will be less than my current policy. I'll be driving it for a year probably so I wouldn't be happy driving a 1.4 and the diesels are still quite expensive. I can get this GTi for very little and i'm not seeing anything else in the same price bracket (less than 3k) that'd interest me. I'd welcome any suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

A 306 GTi-6 would entertain you far more for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Suspicious Dave

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Peugeot/306/GTI-6/200943195615306/advert?channel=CARS - (That's the only one I can see on carzone.)

Cheers biro, I don't know anything about them to be honest but on first glance, it's 1500 quid more, 4 years older, 30000 more miles on it, tax would be higher, assume petrol would be just as high.

Just to be clear, I'm not looking for something really quick as such, this GTi has just been offered to me at a good price, if it was a diesel I would have bought it already. I'm just trying see if it'll be worth it over the year when I take running costs into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

look over on vagdrivers.net a good few lads there have gtis and will give you good advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement