Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Choo for H&M

• 13-11-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

launching in stores tomorrow - cant wait :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

omg cant wait eith ive seen all the stuff online but im going to try it all on and maybe put one or two items on my xmas list cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 neads

Ye I can't wait heading in on first train in the morning! Hope I get what I want!!!! Heard theres already a que!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I was in Dundrum earlier and there was already people queuing outside ... a bit sad really to be queuing that early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

It's a good idea, really is luring them to the doors, now is the english policy applying here the with the Jimmy Choo range, 20ppl get wrist bands get let in for i think ten min in the vip area, get to buy one item per size. If so in the words of Nelson Muntz to all those women Q'in .... "HHHAAAA HAAAA" :D

For the money they want for the stuff I still prefer my Irregular Choice shoes and boots, can't say I'd fancy summit that has H&M on the label beside Jimmy Choo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I went along this morning with a friend. I got there for 6am and I'd say that there were approx 100 -120 people ahead. When my friend and her sister got there at 6.30, they were about 20 people behind me again.

The first 160 people got given wristbands, which got you 10 mins in the accessories area (shoes, bags etc) at defined intervals (mine was 10.35 - 10.45). Clothes were first come, first served, but they had very few clothes.

On the other hand, there were plenty of shoes & accessories to go around and I was easily able to get three pairs of shoes and one handbag for the three of us. Stocks were starting to run low at that stage, so if you didn't get there in time to get a wristband, you'd be very lucky to get something.

I paid E100 for the shoes I chose, they are all leather and have leather soles, but the quality of finish is not what you'd get from the real Jimmy Choo or other high-end brand. They're worth E100 though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

idiots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

From what I heard today, the shops got whatever stock they got, and once it was gone, that was it.

When I was in Dundrum today, I wanted to check out the menswear for the OH, but they literally only had 4-5 different pieces of clothing in total with no menswear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

dudara wrote: »
    I went along this morning with a friend. I got there for 6am and I'd say that there were approx 100 -120 people ahead. When my friend and her sister got there at 6.30, they were about 20 people behind me again.

The first 160 people got given wristbands, which got you 10 mins in the accessories area (shoes, bags etc) at defined intervals (mine was 10.35 - 10.45). Clothes were first come, first served, but they had very few clothes.

On the other hand, there were plenty of shoes & accessories to go around and I was easily able to get three pairs of shoes and one handbag for the three of us. Stocks were starting to run low at that stage, so if you didn't get there in time to get a wristband, you'd be very lucky to get something.

I paid E100 for the shoes I chose, they are all leather and have leather soles, but the quality of finish is not what you'd get from the real Jimmy Choo or other high-end brand. They're worth E100 though.

That's mad but fair play to you! I don't love shoes that much and shopping in such a hectic environment would send me into a tizzy!

What time did the store open at?

The store opened at 9.

TBH, I only did it because my friend and her sister talked me into it. I must admit a certain degree of curiosity. The thing is though, I've never particularly liked Jimmy Choos - I don't own any pairs in my collection but when I downloaded the pdf of the collection, the prices were quite attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

i went to dundrum today they had nothing left and its limited edition so it wont be back so sad i almost cried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

For anyone who didn't make it to the store/want more of this collection:

eBay.ie
    eBay.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'm holding out for Sonia Rykiel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

I'm holding out for Sonia Rykiel!

Agreed, I just saw it in The Sunday Times!
    I see some goegeous pieces!
    Role on Dec 5th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

God people are really upping the prices on ebay :eek: Nothing taking my fancy though!:rolleyes:

Advertisement