Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build. Need cpu/ram/mobo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with LGA 1156. People are pumping 9001v into them and complaining they are burning out.

Nobody knows for certain tbh what's causing it. Intel, Gigabyte, Foxconn are three companies i've known made a statement on the issue and they've all blamed something different (intel blamed users, gigabyte blamed plastic metlting and foxconn, well they didn't do anything but say they are aware of it. oh and EVGA are utterly stumped apparently).

There have been reports of users having it happen to them without overclocking (and definite confirmed cases of it having happened for mild overclocks). There have also been reports of it happening with LOTES socket's (indeed one guy on the tweaking and modding forum said it happened to him) which suggests the possibility of it being a platform design issue.

(see the other thread for links)

Practically speaking, you're probably right in that it's unlikely to happen, but when I spend that much money on something I wanna be as sure as practically possible it's not gonna go tits up. p55 just has to may questions marks imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I'm not too worried about it to be honest, if it breaks i'll just RMA it :D

I'll throw up the build log in the T&M forum in a while, im hoping to throw a few supprises into this one, but need to hear back from a few contacts before i can give any details.

So i've managed to kill my i5-750, so ive placed an order for a i7-860 :D And im still waiting on my 800D :(

Anti wrote: »
    So i've managed to kill my i5-750

lolololol :D

What were you doing? Were you putting 9 trillion volts through it?

And what happened to waiting for gulftown? I thought those i7's were to damn expensive for a stopgap :p

when a 860 costs 170euro i cant really complain ;D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

when a 860 costs 170euro i cant really complain ;D

Fess up man, what ya do to the 750 :p

Too much voltage :(

When it died i was thinking "Ah ****, there goes the motherboard too" but supprisingly its grand. Brought it into work today to stick it under the microscope and no burnt or cracked pins. So i was thinking, oh it might just be the ram. But everything else worked and nothing would boot with my 750 in it. It wasn't that much voltage either, guess it was too much for a B1. Mayeb the next revision will be better?

It wasn't that much voltage either

That's what were trying to tell you :p

Hey, it was the cpu not the mobo :D

When the mobo socket goes boom then you can start the "i told you so dance" :pac:

When the mobo socket goes boom then you can start the "i told you so dance" :pac:

We would never do that :P

except on days ending with Y

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    We would never do that :P

except on days ending with Y

Thats like only a few of them at best, so im pretty safe ;)

Hey now, maybe it wasn't this thread but I did mention the possibility that this was an Intel manufacturing flaw with the CPU pads or the actual socket design itself. I've been telling people to just avoid the platform entirely, at least until Intel are willing to address the issue and stop claiming user error. So i will dance :p

At the end of the day no one knows why there has been such a high failure rate with LGA1156 (well someone probably does, but there's been a serious lack of info from the manufacturers on LGA1156 imo).

Hey now, maybe it wasn't this thread but I did mention the possibility that this was an Intel manufacturing flaw with the CPU pads or the actual socket design itself. I've been telling people to just avoid the platform entirely, at least until Intel are willing to address the issue and stop claiming user error. So i will dance :p

At the end of the day no one knows why there has been such a high failure rate with LGA1156 (well someone probably does, but there's been a serious lack of info from the manufacturers on LGA1156 imo).

100% agreed.

*paging Leman Russ to this thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Too much voltage :(

How much voltage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Farcear wrote: »
    How much voltage?
    More than what Intel uses :pac::pac::pac:
    See, the Mobo is fine! :D It's just the CPU going "waaaa", just like every other CPU :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Haha :D

Laugh all you want :pac:

From the top of my head these are what i think my voltages were at when i was hitting 4.3ghz

Bios vcore 1.7v
    pch 2.2v :pac:
    ram stock lolz
    vtt 1.41v which i think has the opposite of droop, i think it gave more

I'll treat treat this 860 a little better :D

New CPU just arrived, Nao its time for the pics :D will sort out the build log later on today at some point.

Cpu:

2655a_thumb.jpg

Mobo:

3785c_thumb.jpg

Things:

07977_thumb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

We need more info :D

I am selling my hardware at the moment, But i may just say feck it and go ahead with the build. if so il post a build log.

Also Anti get this running so we can get a lan going!

As soon as my case drops i will, no point showing the build made on the mobo box on my desk, not to interesting.

I'm promised my case will be in mid next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

As soon as my case drops i will, no point showing the build made on the mobo box on my desk, not to interesting.

I'm promised my case will be in mid next week.

Mine was shipped today. So i am hoping my stuff comes friday. But more then likely its going to be Monday/tuesday :(

• Advertisement

woohoo

Just got word my case has finally shipped :D

Advertisement