Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St.Edmunds (near Liffey Valley) to City Centre

Options
  • 13-11-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, does anyone live in St.Edmunds, Dublin 20? Thinking of moving over there but not sure how does it look like to commute to city centre? The estate is very close to N4, however no bus stop is around. Does anyone know how long does it take altogether to get to the city on bus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

strashac wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone live in St.Edmunds, Dublin 20? Thinking of moving over there but not sure how does it look like to commute to city centre? The estate is very close to N4, however no bus stop is around. Does anyone know how long does it take altogether to get to the city on bus?

Yep, living there about a year. Theres a bus stop off the slip of the N4 on your way into town, not to far from the entrance to the estate. (under the bridge.
    To be honest I couldn't tell you what the bus numbers are, as I drive to Sandyford for work.
    I've got the bus in on Fridays and Saturdays when going out. Takes a maxium of 30 in bad traffic, i've heard about 40 in rush hour. Theres plans for the Luas extension there too, though when thats going to arrive is anyones guess.
    Are you going to rent or buy? (not asking to be nosey but just in terms of your long term plans regarding public transport...i.e theres a lot in the pipeline)
    Theres a couple of problems with security on the estate, residents commitee are pushing for gates on the main entrance.
    Other than that, really like living there. Quiet enough. No major dramas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 strashac

Yep, living there about a year. Theres a bus stop off the slip of the N4 on your way into town, not to far from the entrance to the estate. (under the bridge.
    To be honest I couldn't tell you what the bus numbers are, as I drive to Sandyford for work.
    I've got the bus in on Fridays and Saturdays when going out. Takes a maxium of 30 in bad traffic, i've heard about 40 in rush hour. Theres plans for the Luas extension there too, though when thats going to arrive is anyones guess.
    Are you going to rent or buy? (not asking to be nosey but just in terms of your long term plans regarding public transport...i.e theres a lot in the pipeline)
    Theres a couple of problems with security on the estate, residents commitee are pushing for gates on the main entrance.
    Other than that, really like living there. Quiet enough. No major dramas.
    Thanks for d replay. What were the problems with security? And I am going to rent but all depends on how long I will commute from there to City centre. The estate looks really nice so looks the apt I have seen. The only problem is the bus stop- is it 10 mins walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

Peoples cars we're being vandalized in the underground car parks. I don't know who or what damage was being done, as we live in the houses at the back. Its calmed down now I believe, there's a security guard on the gate from 10 o'clock in the evening until morning.
    There's a bit of an epidemic of people parking in the spaces that a reserved for other people (in front of the houses in particular) usual new estate teething problem crap.

The bus stop is about 5 minutes away. Not much of a walk at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I've friends who have a house there. It says D.20 but it's Clondalkin bordering on new Lucan.

Bus route wise you're a 5min max walk to the bus stop that's on the slip road off the N4 at the Liffey Valley exit. As for buses you can get a whole bunch, off the top of my head there's the 25A, 66, 66A/B, 67A. All those bus routes have express routes in the morning i.e. (25x,66x and so on, you'd hit O'Connell street 30mins at most. There's also the 51D which leaves South Clondalkin which would pass by the bus stop on the Fonthill road at St Kevins Secondary school at 7.45/55 and 8.05, there's also a 78 which is on the opposite side that'd have you in the same sort of time. Do not get a 78A. Disaster of a bus.

If you've a car the train station is a 4 minute drive from your house, free parking and takes 10-15 mins to hit Heuston. €2.30 and that includes bus journey (90/92/up the IFSC/ to St.Stephens green from Heuston)

Advertisement