Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tournament Rules

Options
  • 13-11-2009 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

So there is always a bit of discussion and disagreement about rules, does anyone feel like setting a specific set of rules for our own community tournaments.

I've had a read over the Evo ruleset, it covers everything we have discussed, obviously they are much more strict then we would intend on being but as a point of reference??
    Link here.

If anyone has the time to have a good read over and pull out the valuable bits, or I'll come back to it after the weekend and have a go!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The Evo ruleset is what ours is based off actually, at least partially - brought it up with Azza back when he was trying to get a good set of rules sorted out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't think there's anything wrong with our current ruleset, save that there should be a rule that bush should fight in future with one hand behind his back and stupid fast heavy kicks should be encouraged at every opportunity.

... that doesn't mean there's not good discussion to be had about it (I know alot of people don't like double elim- I love it, mainly because it means running into one of our really top tier players early on doesn't mean you're done).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Player A is in a Match against Player B. During the middle of the Match, Player C claims that Player B is cheating and demands that the Match be stopped. After repeated (and loud) protesting by Player C, a Judge is forced to stop the Match. Player C is issued a Red Car

is Player C Kiki? OH SNAP. ;)

i like evo rules, think azza has based them on these, hit and miss.
    Evos a bit strict, cards and all that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »

i like evo rules, think azza has based them on these, hit and miss.
    Evos a bit strict, cards and all that.

They probably HAVE to be that strict. Imagine all the chancers trying to get one over on Diago/JWong etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I don't think there's anything wrong with our current ruleset.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the rules either, just some clarification on the finer points and a solid point of reference in the case of a dispute. As the community grows, which its continuing to do with T6 and super next year, it will save the re-explanation of old arguments.

Oh and Bush should be made use Dan also with one had behind his back!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote: »
    f6d68d72cb9b67f930492fe4968ef323.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think the rules disussion is going to going to like the "what stick" type discussions. It's going to be one of those things that's just going to keep on popping up.

Advertisement