Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Boards.ie Season 6 Qualifiers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ShadyRoss

nicklauski wrote: »
    Just when I thought my form was picking up. I get kicked back down again.

The14thLetter Utd 3 - 4 Chelsea Storybud
    The14thLetter Utd 3 - 3 Chelsea Shadyross
    The14thLetter Utd 1 - 3 Liverpool greensiderover
    The14thLetter Utd 1 - 4 Barca wonderboysam
    The14thLetter Utd 2 - 9 Chelsea Storybud.

My contronller has been ****ed across the room any amount of times since Ive entered this league!!!!
    shadyross 7 14thletter 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

ShadyRoss wrote: »
    shadyross 7 14thletter 1

It's on the other page dude, :D I wasn't hiding my shame. You and storybud stuck 7 past me each. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

storybud 2 v greensiderover 2 ( tough game took very undeserved 2-0 nil but should off scored about 5 goals in 2nd half greenside is good player but very disappointed with performance and result)

storybud22 8 v stiofandublin 0 ( stiofan plays very defensive when first goal went in it was all over gg )

storybud22 4 v the14thletter 3 ( scorline looks close but it post 3 times and missed host of chances)

storybud22 9 v the14thletter 2 ( gg but i took chances dis game)

storybud22 9 v jhonnyire 2 ( went 2-0 then scored and his player got sent off just when i scored cause last man back. handy victory in the end.

storybud22 5 v wonderboysam 2 (closer game then scorline suggests wonderboysam is good player)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Greenside Rover (Liverpool) 2 - 1 Wonderboysam (Barca)

Chances on both side but think I just deserved it.
    good game, good player

Greenside Rover (Liverpool) 0 - 3 Mjens (Barca)

Mjens does way too many flicks for my liking, good player though.

Greenside Rover (Liverpool) 3 - 1 Mjens (Barca)

Good game. I'd a point to prove after last nights game.
    Mjens, you should really cut out the celebrations when you score though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

greenside rover (Liverpool) 5 - 1 Wonderboysam (Barca)

Game was closer then scoreline suggests. Wonderboysam stopped controlling his player when I went 5-1 up with 10 mins to go - I hope he had a good reason other than I was just after scoring, otherwise, bad form.

greenside rover (Liverpool) 3 - 5 Endakenny (Man City)

I don't think I deserved to lose this game. enda played on the counter, played it very well, good player but lag was nearly unbearable.

greenside rover (Liverpool) 3 - 2 ShadyRoss (Chelsea)

I'm after having a number of excellent games with shadyross at this stage. Great player, excellent finisher.
    I finished my first 2 chances superbly - 2 chips, which I'm normally terrible at.
    I went 3 -1 up and should have scored another maybe but fair play for coming beack - you were milimetres from getting the draw at the death. good game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Barca (Ledgendary IRL) 4 - 2 Arsenal (Stiofan Dublin) Well done. Was out played.

Shady Ross (Chelsea) 0-0 Arsenal (Stiofan) I rode my luck big time on this one. Chelsea are so hard to play against esp. with a 4 1/2 star team. Enjoyable game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

will there be a season 7 after xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

greenside rover (Liverpool) 3 - 5 Endakenny (Man City)

I don't think I deserved to lose this game. enda played on the counter, played it very well, good player but lag was nearly unbearable.

Yea agreed.. you hit post 5 times... also my lag is awful sometimes.. cod mw2 is fine.. and it says nat is open on that.. getting on to my isp here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

greyhound12(barca) - 1
    dejayforza(inter) - 0
    penalty seperated us in this one, deserved a draw

greyhound12(barca) - 3
    dejayforza(inter) - 0
    comfterable victory should of won by a lot more

Djforza Inter 3-0 Utd The14thLetter
    should have been closer stupid mistakes on my half let him in 3 times. Thought I was good for at least a goal.*

Djforza 0-4 Utd The14thLetter
    I finally win a game. Everything just clicked this game. Forwards getting on the end of crosses and rebounds. Happy to get a good (legit) first win.*

Srooney Chelsea 11-2 Utd The14thLetter Came into the game on a high after picking up a good win. That lasted all of 8 mins game time before I started getting hammered. I ****ing hate playing Chelsea in this game. Even tried playing with a holding midfielder. Did nothing. Did score a belterfeom about 30 yards with Rooney after he had hit the post from further out earlier in the game.*

• Advertisement

i am sorry to everyone i lost the piece of paper with all the scores on it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

ShadyRoss wrote: »
    i am sorry to everyone i lost the piece of paper with all the scores on it.:(

does it not keep scores on the league itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

GO'S wrote: »
    does it not keep scores on the league itself?

it keeps the result of recent games, around 10-15 games i think. not sure if goes back any further

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

In the main league you need to post results anyways so its good practice for people to be in the habit of recording them now. The league tables tend to go out of shape due to replays and other issues so we rely on people to post their results. Shady keep track of them from now on and anyone that has played you has more than likely posted so a lot of them are accounted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

(Greyhound12) 3-0 (irishPOWER89)

(Greyhound12) 2-1 (irishPOWER89)

and i think (Shadyross) 5-1 (irishPOWER89)

Johnny IRE Barca 0-3
    Rooney hattrick. 2-0 up at half time. Got the third on a late break away. Good game.*
    Johnny had a geoff hurst 66 effort. Hit the cross bar. On the line and back out. Unlucky.*

Johnny IRE 2-2 dissappointed I have to say. Stupid goal given away to let him back in. Kept pressing A to quit the cutscene. Kicked it straight to messy.*
    Take nothing away from Johnny he deserved the result.*

JOhnny I 8-1. Johnny must have a brother. Becausethere is no way that was the same person that played the previous two games. No way.

Johnny Ire Barca 4-0 utd The14thLetter.*
    Bollix. That's all I'll say.
    On a side note Johnny. You're winning and you know your going to score goals. Just quit the celebration. Running around after you score pisses a lot if people off. Me included.
    And if your winning 4-0 why would you bother even trying a last man tackle!? You were lucky that you weren't sent off.

djdigitalmouse 0 vs shadyross 1 he is a really good player tough match.:rolleyes:
    roccork 4 vs shadyross 4 should have put more away:mad:
    irishpower 3 vs shadyross 1 had about 30 shots playing poor
    irishpower 1 vs shadyross 0 i think i will give it up. cant seem to score today.

Arsenal (Me) 1-4 ManU (The 14th Letter) 4 yellow cards for the 14th, all while he was behind

Arsenal 1-1 ManU (The 14th Letter) close game, fair result

Arsenal 2-0 ManU(The 14th Letter) Finally I get a win, only my second in this leauge :o

Arsenal 0-1 Barca (JonnyIRE) 5 yellow for Jonny. Do people have it in for me tonight?? Its a bit OTT. Good game otherwise.

Stiofan Dublin Arsenal 1-4 Utd The14thLetter
    Closer than re scoreline suggests. Stiofan had me under pressure for the majority of the first half. Good pressure from Berba led me to getting an equalizer. Kicked on from there. Highlight was Valencia chipping in from 30 yards. Won the ball on half way. All his men pushed up for a free kick. Two touches. Over the keeper.*

Stiofan Dublin Arsenal 1-1 Utd The14thLetter Scrappy game. 2 chances. 2 goals.*

Stiofan Dublin Arsenal 2-0 Utd The14thLetter Well deserved win for Stiofan. Couldn't cope with him this game.

Endakenny Citeh 3-6 Utd The14thLetter*
    Could have been more. Hit the crossbar twice. Great game. Enda could have had a few more himself. Little bit laggy as someone else said.*

edit : Just on the yellow cards. If there is half a chance of me winning/intercepting the ball. I'll slid to try cut it out. It's not like any of them were last man tackles. And all players were subbed to keep the game clean.

edit : Just on the yellow cards. If there is half a chance of me winning/intercepting the ball. I'll slid to try cut it out. It's not like any of them were last man tackles. And all players were subbed to keep the game clean.

One was subbed. Evra. Presumably to prevent him getting sent off.

If its a once off than fair enough - the other games in fairness were grand but I think if you were getting 4 yellows on a regular basis than it should be noted. I recall this being said to another poster a couple of games back. It really disrupts the game if cards are constanly being given out.

As I mentioned JonnyIRE got 5 cards. No player got sent off. It was almost like he was giving each player one bad tackle each. That kinds thing takes away from the fun.

Having said that I can accept that on ocassion a player can get a bad run of yellow cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

That's a load of rubbish, hardly ever get cards, just the way it went, a lot were from standing tackles also. Listen mate, you were lucky it was just 1-0 - you can have no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

im just thinking will this league work out fair? in terms of team selection...

i even feel now in the qualifiers when I (barcelona) come up against say arsenal or aston villa etc there is a clear advantage to me and i dont really take any satisfaction out of beating a weaker team with one of the best teams.

you cant tell who is the better player if someone gets stuck with a 4 star team and keeps coming up against barca,chelsea or united etc

does the league situation work differnt i.e 4 star teams vs 4 star teams etc? what way does the team selection work...

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I finally got a chance to join this. im up for a bit of a challenge.

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    That's a load of rubbish, hardly ever get cards, just the way it went, a lot were from standing tackles also. Listen mate, you were lucky it was just 1-0 - you can have no complaints.

I am not going to get into who should or shouldn't have won the game. My issue is with the number of cards you picked up (5!) through over agressive play. Maybe it was a once off but the point of this process is that such situations are noted as per this post

Axwell, correct me if I am wrong to bring this up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    I am not going to get into who should or shouldn't have won the game. My issue is with the number of cards you picked up (5!) through over agressive play. Maybe it was a once off but the point of this process is that such situations are noted as per this post

Axwell, correct me if I am wrong to bring this up.

I'll be asking everyone for opinions on who didn't play fair when the league cause we don't want those players in our leagues.

Just keep a note of people or when you're posting mention a laggy connection, last man tackles, messing when loosing or passing around to the keeper and defenders when winning. All will be taken into consideration when we go to start the league!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

im just thinking will this league work out fair? in terms of team selection...

i even feel now in the qualifiers when I (barcelona) come up against say arsenal or aston villa etc there is a clear advantage to me and i dont really take any satisfaction out of beating a weaker team with one of the best teams.

you cant tell who is the better player if someone gets stuck with a 4 star team and keeps coming up against barca,chelsea or united etc

does the league situation work differnt i.e 4 star teams vs 4 star teams etc? what way does the team selection work...

cheers

There wont be any 4* teams in the league (unless you pick them) the way we seed people puts good players in with good players, and the players who have struggled will have the first choice of team, it's working in our two leagues we have at the minute, look at Sevilla who are top of the Premiership! Beaten all the big teams so far! And he won the league last year with Newcastle!!!

Dowdus Maximus Utd 2 - 4 Utd The14thLetter*
    Good game. Plenty of chances. I can't remember too much about it because I was concentrating on seeing the ball. Stupid snowy weather and a white ball. That's my only gripe with Fifa.

Dowdus Maximus 6- 2
    Jaysis. I don't know what happened here. It could have been more for Dowdus if he took the open goal in the first few minutes :P

Dowdus Maximus Utd 2 - 4 Utd The14thLetter*
    Good game. Plenty of chances. I can't remember too much about it because I was concentrating on seeing the ball. Stupid snowy weather and a white ball. That's my only gripe with Fifa.

Dowdus Maximus 6- 2
    Jaysis. I don't know what happened here. It could have been more for Dowdus if he took the open goal in the first few minutes :P

hilarious miss in the first minute. could have been more. the first game I was disgusted. so many one on ones messed up and hit the post twice. good games though

dowdus maximus 4 - 2 stiofan dublin

good game. late consolation goal annoyed me though :p

srooney03 4 - 5 Dowdus Maximus

very tight game with a couple of scrappy goals.

• Advertisement

djayforza 2 - 3 Dowdus Maximus
    djayforza 3 - 3 Dowdus Maximus (dodgy red card but good game)

shadyross 0 - 6 Dowdus Maximus
    shadyross 4 - 1 Dowdus Maximus

hilarious own goal in the 4-1 game with shadyross really took me out of the game. lots of scrappy parts in both boxes.

Advertisement