Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantesy 13 realeas date announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Hurray! And Leona Lewis is doing the theme song for the Western version. I wonder how different her song will be to the one in the Japanese version?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

According to that article it's this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qtteb9FBY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

kisaragi wrote: »
    According to that article it's this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qtteb9FBY

oh god no :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Well I don't have to import it, thats cool.

Now for it to be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ChrisBrady

... Not impressed with the boys at Square-Enix!
    I don't think I'm alone in thinking that the pop theme helped ruin FFX-2. Why couldn't they just have a Japanese love theme or even even better, a good old instrumental! Final Fantasy X had a great soundtrack in my opinion.
    I don't think hearing Leona Lewis singing about her morning routine has any place in a FF game.

On a positive, some of the visuals in the trailer look amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

kisaragi wrote: »

I wasn't gonna bother reading the article once I seen the release date until I read this post. I had to read the article in the vain hope you were joking/lying. What the hell were they thinking. Fúcks sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am surprised by the reactions.

Theres been J-Pop in every FF since 8 hasn't there? At least this song will be in English.

I mean it will be 2 and a half minutes out of a 4 disc soundtrack. Who gives a doodle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

At least when it was in japanese we couldn't tell how quite how crap it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Siegfried

Yay! awesome, i red about that yesterday. I think i've to bought my ps3 at march then

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Leona Lewis's song is utter scutter but the japanese one is just as bad. No where near as bad as the god awful Eyes on Me though. Pity they didn't get some one with actual talent to do a song like they did with FFX and Suteki de ne.

• Advertisement

Eyes on Me was in the Japanese release of FFVIII too, wasn't it? Why have they started changing songs for different regions?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr. K wrote: »
    Eyes on Me was in the Japanese release of FFVIII too, wasn't it? Why have they started changing songs for different regions?

Yes it was. And it was still crap regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

SMT: Strange Journey is releasing the same day. Hmmm... which will i play more... hmmm...

Guess which one is on preorder already

**** that bad news. I'll definitely be playing strange journey before I get into this :/

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MrEko

Taken out of context the song is a bit ****e yes, but in the middle of some hair raising cut scene in FFXIII I dont any of us will notice tbh. Its a FF, if its anything like X we'll all be more concerned with the epic gameplay and story

...And if it's like XII, we'll be trying to remember what the characters are talking about! Nethicite, indeed...

MrEko wrote: »
    Its a FF, if its anything like X we'll all be more concerned with the epic gameplay and story

I'm just hoping Squaresoft still have it in them to make a good game. Their output since has been ropey at best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Roll on march 9th :D.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm just hoping Squaresoft still have it in them to make a good game. Their output since has been ropey at best.

From what you've seen, are you hopeful? Actually, I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts, as well as Retr0's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

personally i dont mind the mucis as soon as they are good and fit in well into the game:D

i actually love Eyes On Me,the singer who performed the song is one of the most reputated singer in asia ,Faye Wong!a super awesome timeless song!

the jap version is releasing on 17th Dec which is not far away already!one thing about the story of ff13 i read the other day was that it strongly reminds me of FF7!even the black dude has a kid....Barret with Marley?lol anti-government?avalanche?upper class world and low class world?

also ff8 - the love story part.ff10 level up system and the future city feel along with battle field system like ff12.basically a hybrid mixing up ff7+8+10+12's elements.wonder will it turn out well.

• Advertisement

Mr. K wrote: »
    From what you've seen, are you hopeful? Actually, I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts, as well as Retr0's!

I'm actually quite hopeful about this game. The team behind Final Fantasy X is behind this game so I'm expecting good things and hopefully the world is as interesting as Spiras. The battle engine designer from FFX is back as well ao i'm expecting big things there.

The biggest plus is that Tetsuya Nomura is being kept well away from the project and only providing some character designs so hopefully his brand of crappy emo characters and retarded Shibuya teen pandering is kept well out of this game. He's in charge of FFXIII Versus which I'd put money on being absolute scutter.

Also I'm sorry seraphimvc, but I really hated the love story in FFVIII, it was just terribly written and Faye Wong might be the biggest asian singer but Eyes on Me was gash. Suteki de ne is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

The biggest plus is that Tetsuya Nomura is being kept well away from the project and only providing some character designs so hopefully his brand of crappy emo characters and retarded Shibuya teen pandering is kept well out of this game. He's in charge of FFXIII Versus which I'd put money on being absolute scutter.
    Have you watched the TGS trailer? 'Retarded Shibuya teen pandering' is exactly the phrase I would use to describe Serah and Vanille in that trailer. Then again thatmay not be representative of the whole game considering Lightning and Sazh seem like interesting characters. The battle system rocks though and I really like the 'look' of Cocoon and Pulse, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway.

I'm pretty sure Tetsuya Nomura designed those characters but I can live with his character designs, they can be excellent and it's what he does best. What I can't stand is when he has any involvement with the dialogue or story which in this case he has nothing to do with.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

UG! The wait is too long :) seems like next year is a good time for new releases doh.

I think Lightning looks really cool, just a badass main character!

And female, Squaresoft were always very good when it comes to strong female characters in their later games. I wonder if she can challenge phantasy stars Alys as the best one ever.

I'm pretty sure Tetsuya Nomura designed those characters but I can live with his character designs, they can be excellent and it's what he does best. What I can't stand is when he has any involvement with the dialogue or story which in this case he has nothing to do with.
    You're right, Nomura did design them, but I wasn't commenting on the character designs. I'm talking about how the characters Serah and Vanille act and are portrayed in that trailer. I'm guessing Square-Enix want to make the game look romantic in the trailer as that'll be more popular, whereas I don't get that 'FFVIII' feel from it from the actual cutscenes and gameplay videos I've seen. What I played of it was 100% badass, Lightning and Sazh at first seemed like typical S-E archetypes but they definitely have more complicated back stories and motivations. Take Sazh - he acts like the typical comedy Black character in Japanese media but his history in the army and with Lightning make me think he won't just be there for comic relief.

There is a little prologue novel up on the Japanese FFXIII website called 'Episode Zero', which acts as a primer to the story and the characters. Be warned - the first half of a chapter that I read read like some bad fan fiction so I can't testify to how good it is, but I figured some people may be interested. Someone called 'Lissar' has been good enough to translate each chapter as it has come out.

And female, Squaresoft were always very good when it comes to strong female characters in their later games. I wonder if she can challenge phantasy stars Alys as the best one ever.

They've kinda been heading towards a female main character, haven't they? In XII, it seemed like they weren't quite brave enough to make Ashe the main character. And Terra has been cemented as VI's main character by Dissidia!

GothPunk wrote: »
    There is a little prologue novel up on the Japanese FFXIII website called 'Episode Zero', which acts as a primer to the story and the characters. Be warned - the first half of a chapter that I read read like some bad fan fiction so I can't testify to how good it is, but I figured some people may be interested. Someone called 'Lissar' has been good enough to translate each chapter as it has come out.

That's really cool, good find. I love this sort of prequel stuff, even if the quality varies greatly!

Oh. My. Gawd.

Have you seen this?

Hype Hype Hype! I actually can't believe how amazing the last minute of that trailer is... words cannot describe... :eek:

It's great to finally see Bahamut and Alexander in motion, I'm not sure who Vanille's summon is. I think I finally understand what S-E meant by saying
    the summons would play a more integral part to the story. Spoilered in case you didn't want to know that and didn't pick up on that from the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

GothPunk wrote: »
    Oh. My. Gawd.

Have you seen this?

Hype Hype Hype! I actually can't believe how amazing the last minute of that trailer is... words cannot describe... :eek:

It's great to finally see Bahamut and Alexander in motion, I'm not sure who Vanille's summon is. I think I finally understand what S-E meant by saying
    the summons would play a more integral part to the story. Spoilered in case you didn't want to know that and didn't pick up on that from the trailer.
    ah,beat me to it :Djust saw that trailer from GT:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-feel-final-fantasy/59456

there is a kind dude did the translation for the video in the comment!

personally,after watching this,it didnt really get me excited/hyped up.i just keep wondering the basic concept of the story is good,but so far we haven't been showed any decent/touching story development from it.you know,they can show us some tense scenes,evil bosses secret meeting talking etc.of course it is still abit too early to say so.lets hope for the best!

of all the trailers since early time, they focus too much on the glittering battle scenes,showing off they can make FF's version of transformer(ohboy,michael bay will be so proud when he sees this) ,pretty boys and girls(so far only the glasses teacher chick float my boat :P),love drama,drama drama(did i see Lighting holding hands with Snow in the end of this latest trailer??) - which none of these impress me at all :pac: special effects and CG just dont impress me in the slightest bit after all these years visual effects bombing by other games/movies.soap drama?worse.

am i just getting old? Just give me a fcking brilliant story and dont make me regret of buying YOU!!yup,:pac:,i have decided to pay for the game....SE you win already at some point lol

Advertisement