Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were a Dublin politician, what would you do to improve the city?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

To be honest I'm glad that most of the respondents to this thread are not Dublin politicians given the amount of social engineering being proposed.

Also, as regards tall buildings in Dublin; DCC commissioned a study on this subject in the last few years and Dublin City residents simply do not want tall buildings in the city centre. DCC were actually pretty pro-active in this approach. The French city of Lyon took a different approach, build one and see if people like it. They ended up with one of the most despised buildings in France.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Personally i wouldnt be in favour of loads of huge buildings,. With all the developments in the last 10 years the place is already littered with characterless buildings that are just too pretentiously "modern" for their own good. Looking back at pics from 20-30 years ago (The historic dublin thread in this forum is a good read.) it used to look like Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Yes but at least all the hard working people in the city centre and tourists etc wouldn't have to be surrounded by junkies and pyjamas all day every day

Only on Tuesdays :) I know allot of hard working junkies and Amsterdam makes a fortune on junkie tourists :)
    The French city of Lyon took a different approach, build one and see if people like it.

Did they call it liberty hall?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

When liberty hall was first made it was a lovely building. it was damaged in an explosion and after that they replaced all the glass with that mirror finish sh1te and plastered over the mosaic work. They should clean that place up instead of leveling it. it looked cool with the light show thing a few weeks ago.

Advertisement