Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

economics-help

Options
  • 13-11-2009 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

doin it on my own, find it interesting and easy to a point, but im wondering for section 1 what do you think are the most important aspects to know?

also from chapters 6-9 inclusive what are the most important elements to know?

cheers

as i do it on my own i don't have any idea on what to expect in the exam but is it possible to predict what will come up or is it random like history?

i find the short questions kinda easy especially as i've hardly looked at the book.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

You doing ordinary or higher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭irishultra

higher. i'd be happy with a c3.

Well im in 6th atm and am looking for a b2/b1 in higher, and I find it quite hard, but a c3 is easy enough to get. My teacher says to know elasticity really well. imo its the hardest chapter, but it seems to be pretty random. In the edco exam papers there is a grid with what has come up in the past 8 or so years.

ye its confusing i agree. i started with section 3, as its the most 'interesting' part i find.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

You should be aiming higher than C3. Ask the business teacher in your school to show you the key area's because with some professional guidance I really think it should be a comfortable B3 at least.

I'm in fifth year and I find elasticity relatively easy but it needs a good bit of work. You can't just learn it off, you need to understand it.

• Advertisement

well tbh c3 would be my lowest but i'd be happy since i just started with it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

Economics is totally predictable. Look up past exam papers and see the pattern. It almost never deviates from that.
    You need to know demand/supply, elasticity, a market (always one due up), and a factor of production (always one due up).

But hey, you don't have to listen to me, I just got an A1 in the subject and am studying it in college.

elascity is so complicated for. could anyone condense what i have to know from that?

also i haven got the workbook does that give you questions that you can practice on?

Get the workbook, its good. Also one thing about economics is that it all seems to be connected so not understanding 1 chapter can mess you up down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

you should get your hands on the folens rapid revision economics book. its very good

• Advertisement
Advertisement