Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIY Make Up

• 13-11-2009 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'd really love to be good at doing my make up.

I did a lesson with a make up shop (dont know if I can say name) but I'd forgotten everything the day after.

Would especially love to be able to do dramatic smoky eyes.

Can anyone reccomend any good websites or courses/lessons that are easy..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭spudz22

try looking through youtube! I've watched some great make-up tutorials that are really good! it's great because you can be doing your eyes as the video plays then it can be paused when needed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

spudz22 wrote: »
    try looking through youtube! I've watched some great make-up tutorials that are really good! it's great because you can be doing your eyes as the video plays then it can be paused when needed :)

+1 iv learned most of the stuff from you tube, i watch xsparkle and make up geek they are reli good imo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭beautyqueen

youtube is very good or you could try a make up manual aimed at make up and nail technician students. hav a look online xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

You can buy a really cool book in Boots too that is full of make up tips and the products used to achieve 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Madame Olenska

Lauren Luke or Panacea81 is your friend. Google her or type into You Tube. She makes it all look so easy.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Youtube is your friend, you'll learn more there than you would on a course i'm sure!

I think she's great and deserves her success but one problem I have with Lauren Luke is that she seems to concentrate far too much on slightly O.T.T. eyemakeup how-to's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Youtube is most definitely your friend! I really like xsparkage, and petrilude, and learned pretty much everything I know from watching their tutorials, and then going off and playing with make-up... You pick up little tips from watching the tutorials, even if you're not really into the crazy bright make up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alabamawhurley

Thanks for the tips, youtube is great for tutorials, especially love makeup geek.com

Thanks again

Advertisement