Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cow and calf price

• 13-11-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

hi
    just wondering if a few of ye can guide me as to the value of a
    ch x fr 2nd calver with bull calf at foot.
    the calf is of average size but nicely shaped from ai bull pte, the cow is nice and milky and possible rear 2 calves.
    i was going to bring her to the mart in a week or two, however i was selling milking cows the other day and the customer spotted her in the field on the way in, said his brother would be intrested in her, havent looked up nor down at beef cattle prices this good while so im a little in the dark as to what shes worth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

if she has fairly good shape and is about 600 kilos would she with the calf be worth about 900-1000 euros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

dar31 wrote: »
    hi
    just wondering if a few of ye can guide me as to the value of a
    ch x fr 2nd calver with bull calf at foot.
    the calf is of average size but nicely shaped from ai bull pte, the cow is nice and milky and possible rear 2 calves.
    i was going to bring her to the mart in a week or two, however i was selling milking cows the other day and the customer spotted her in the field on the way in, said his brother would be intrested in her, havent looked up nor down at beef cattle prices this good while so im a little in the dark as to what shes worth
    if you are in wicklow go to carnew mart, depends on quality but i wwould say 1200euros

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millertime78

Did you sell since?? I have 3 I need to sell (albeit of an older age) but I'd be interested to see how you got on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Special Springer sale in Elphin Mart last night
    Made between €900 and €1,500 mixed bunch of roughish heavy beefy type cattle that were housed
    Supposedly cost between €900 and €1,200 as maidens
    Good tops and ends but lively
    Best home bred quiet heifers were sold by another farmer
    Would have loved to buy one of them a class CH x LM but she made €300 above my budget or a stripey CHxSIM heifer that made €500 more than my 3 weanlings made last week
    Same old story have the quality animal and you will get the rewards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

no, havent sold her yet.
    however neighbour put e1100 on her, thinking i should get about e1250, worst case, there is cash on the table for her anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

can you stick up a pic of cow and calf?

Advertisement