Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for organisers on databases

Options
  • 13-11-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

A question to organisers....

When it comes to keeping a database regarding your poker games/tournaments(including the financial side of things) etc...what system do you use?

Up till now I've just kept a log book but I'm thinking that obviously a database/spreadsheet would be more time efficient. The problem is I've no experience or idea on how to go about using excel or any of those programs.

I would be interested in hearing of what ways ye guys keep record of leagues/points/ranking systems as well.

For my leagues and points I use a program online which is very simple and does just what I need.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭wad events

I think excell is the best. You can do almost anything with it. Its fairly easy to use aswell once you have basic knowledge of computers. One or two sessions with someone who can use it would do you (or better still get them to set up the program for you). The main thing is not to let the data that you need to enter back up on you as it becomes a bit of a pain then.
    Tommy Dignam
    Wad Events

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

I see a lot of places using The Tournament Director.

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/

Advertisement