Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox360 super elite 250gb console????

• 13-11-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭

hey was thinking about upgrading my 60 gb premium to this model! anyone get one? also are there many improvements? absolutely massive hard drive though (DROOLS) lol

btw cheapest i can find is 299 with 2 games - forza 3 and fifa 2010

should i upgrade and cost myself 100 euro? btw im getting a free game! 28 votes

yes
    0%
    no
    100%
    god's toyLucious SweetDingDongsinkEasyBoy19743rdDegreeyoshytoshyThorwandatowellNiskaGunmonkeyGumble01xo_CHEWY_oxjenno86Nedved85donmeisterKatarn1CR 7Carrollerbeardo81 28 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

no
    Got it myself ,last week (first 360).

It's great at handling the heat ,I have it in a warm spot to test it and it's still quiet at 30oC:eek:

Edit : Btw ,the pack includes two controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

no
    do it ray , just do it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

no
    could ya explain the scenario in which you are able to trade in your 60 gb model and a hundred quid for a 250 gb model and a game. cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Redlion wrote: »
    could ya explain the scenario in which you are able to trade in your 60 gb model and a hundred quid for a 250 gb model and a game. cheers :)
    I would also benefit from hearing such a tale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

no
    I have one of the original entry level boxes that came at launch without a hard drive I bought a 20gb hard drive separately. I bought in on launch day and premium models were sold out. My 20gb hard drive is pretty much full with downloaded content, I have only have about 500mb free.

Is it worth upgrading the box itself or will I just buy a new hard drive? Do the newer models run any quieter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

no
    hey didnt really trade it in! my friend gave me 170 euro for the 360 with 60gb hard drive with 3 second hand controllers and mass effect game! i then traded my copy of fifa 2010 and got 28 credit in gamestop and bought the console for 299 with modern warfare2 and got fifa 2010 free! i then thought to myself i already have the hardened edition of modern warfare 2 so what should i do with this one?? lol i then brought modern warefare 2 up to the game in the same area and told them i lost my receipt lol shocker and then they allowed me to trade the mw2 for forza 3 and i was left with a fiver lol i then put 8 euro towards it and got a copy of oblivion too so all in all i received --

250gb limited edition mw2 console with forza 3 oblivion and fifa 2010 for my troubles! now now amnt i a clever smart arse for having the balls to chance my arm lol

just goes to show the customer can win sometimes too with game and gamestop lol

BTW if anyone is thinking bout trading up dont hesitate its a class bit of kit compared to my 60gb i mean 250 gb (DROOLING)

no
    sink wrote: »
    I have one of the original entry level boxes that came at launch without a hard drive I bought a 20gb hard drive separately. I bought in on launch day and premium models were sold out. My 20gb hard drive is pretty much full with downloaded content, I have only have about 500mb free.

Is it worth upgrading the box itself or will I just buy a new hard drive? Do the newer models run any quieter?
    sink take sheepy99s advice and just do it lol! newer models are more reliable and quieter

no
    anyone else get this console? its so good lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

hey was thinking about upgrading my 60 gb premium to this model! anyone get one? also are there many improvements? absolutely massive hard drive though (DROOLS) lol

btw cheapest i can find is 299 with 2 games - forza 3 and fifa 2010

Hey ray, I'm going to get the forza 3 Super elite 250 Gig tomorrow in Gamestop, so for 299.99 you get the bundle ... and what other games can you chose to get with it????

no
    Hey ray, I'm going to get the forza 3 Super elite 250 Gig tomorrow in Gamestop, so for 299.99 you get the bundle ... and what other games can you chose to get with it????
    THE bundle is the 250 gb console - 2 controllers forza 3 and any EA game so fifa or any ea title free!

this console is a class bit of kit you will be delighted me thinks!!!!!!

• Advertisement

THE bundle is the 250 gb console - 2 controllers forza 3 and any EA game so fifa or any ea title free!

this console is a class bit of kit you will be delighted me thinks!!!!!!

Eh Ray i went to get the forza 3 250 gig console today. and there was no option for a free ''EA sports title free''????

no
    Eh Ray i went to get the forza 3 250 gig console today. and there was no option for a free ''EA sports title free''????
    did you buy it in gamestop? it definately was given to me in gamestop tallaght! i would be checking that again if i was you!

did you buy it in gamestop? it definately was given to me in gamestop tallaght! i would be checking that again if i was you!

Yeh in gamestop Stephens green, I didnt get any free ea sports title.

no
    Yeh in gamestop Stephens green, I didnt get any free ea sports title.
    well if i was you i would ring and complain! if you want tell them my story and say if needs be i can take a photo of the receipt for you to prove it for you!

make reference toi gamestop the square tallaght!

also btw gamestop naas offered me this offer too!

well if i was you i would ring and complain! if you want tell them my story and say if needs be i can take a photo of the receipt for you to prove it for you!

make reference toi gamestop the square tallaght!

also btw gamestop naas offered me this offer too!

Well what i could do is try to get store credit and give them the bundle back... and then purchase the bundle again elsewhere. i mean i can only get the game stops in town .. and this was with the forza 3 bundle with 250 gig hardrive.

no
    doesnt matter in town or anywhere! tell them you want your ea title free straight away and dont take any **** from them! the staff member probably tryin to sort him or herself out with a free game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Niska

no
    Just picked this up in Smyths - the Modern Warfare pack plus got Forza 3 free (choice of 3 - Forza, Halo: ODST or FIFA). €299, and 2x €5 vouchers.

Now to wait one month and eight days...

no
    Niska wrote: »
    Just picked this up in Smyths - the Modern Warfare pack plus got Forza 3 free (choice of 3 - Forza, Halo: ODST or FIFA). €299, and 2x €5 vouchers.

think you got the 120 gb elite deal not the 250 gb super elite deal we are talking about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

doesnt matter in town or anywhere! tell them you want your ea title free straight away and dont take any **** from them! the staff member probably tryin to sort him or herself out with a free game

Wow don't you sound pleasant.

Maybe the GS in town has different deals, it's not unheard of? And if the staff member was trying to get himself a free game he would've had to scan the game with the console anyway.

no

Maybe the GS in town has different deals, it's not unheard of? And if the staff member was trying to get himself a free game he would've had to scan the game with the console anyway.
    sound pleasant?

all gs shops as far as i know have the same deals! they cant alter anything instore all has to come from head office!

i was making it clear that the guy or gallooked for what wasd theres! do u wpork in gs?

• Advertisement

Yeh your right, ok so what should i do first, to get proof of the free ea deal first?? can you help me with that??? and then should i go to a different shop or the one i got the console in the first place?

no

also why would anyone care about any bricks and mortar shops? they make huge profits and with selling second hand games etc are destroying the industry, small developers will end up closind cos they cant make ends meet!

no
    Yeh your right, ok so what should i do first, to get proof of the free ea deal first?? can you help me with that??? and then should i go to a different shop or the one i got the console in the first place?
    ring gs tomorrow and tell them someone you know got the same deal in gs tallaght, then ask for an explanation why you didnt get the same deal? 3 gs shops all told me the deal was the same everywhere shops that told me were naas - manager newbridge - manager and tallaght - assistant! any probs pm me tomorrow and i will try and photocopy or photograph receipt for you to chase up ok? hopefully they will rectify that there and then for you though!

gl

ring gs tomorrow and tell them someone you know got the same deal in gs tallaght, then ask for an explanation why you didnt get the same deal? 3 gs shops all told me the deal was the same everywhere shops that told me were naas - manager newbridge - manager and tallaght - assistant! any probs pm me tomorrow and i will try and photocopy or photograph receipt for you to chase up ok? hopefully they will rectify that there and then for you though!

gl

ok thanks! , but if i go in tomorrow having that receipt would be alot of help. like what if they dont believe me?

Shut up , i was entitled to a free ea sports title which i didn't get! I paid 300 for the bundle and only got 1 game with it, Theres bundles out there with like 6 games for only 240! Think i should get my free ea sports title.!

Niska wrote: »

Yeh NISKA , theres no way you got Modern warfare 2 and forza 3 with the 250 GIG super elite for E 299, you got the 120 GIG , stop lying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

also why would anyone care about any bricks and mortar shops? they make huge profits and with selling second hand games etc are destroying the industry, small developers will end up closind cos they cant make ends meet!

Nope don't work for GS. Yeah **** brick and mortar shops! Who cares about the thousands of people who'd lose their jobs, but hey you're happy right?

Also consider, if you will that maybe, just maybe, the deal you got was a limited time only offer and The Aviator has missed out on it.

no
    Nope don't work for GS. Yeah **** brick and mortar shops! Who cares about the thousands of people who'd lose their jobs, but hey you're happy right?

Also consider, if you will that maybe, just maybe, the deal you got was a limited time only offer and The Aviator has missed out on it.
    maybe your right zapp i hope your wrong for the aviators sake!

Hey Ray,

Went back into GS today, Told them my problem and told them about the deal you got with the free EA title, which i didn't receive, they were not helpful at all.... I told the girl why hasn't this outlet have the same priced deals in Tallaght GS , She asked when you got your bundle which i didnt know??? and i told her to ring The Tallaght GS and ask them if they still did it, She goes back behind the storeroom, and i doubt she rang them because she came back out within a minute, She stated, '' The GS in Tallaght was selling off elites and offering free Fifa 10's'' ( I highly doubt this because the bundle for Forza 3 only came out recently!) and she said '' Your friend just bought the bundle at a good time'' and theres nothing she could do for me about giving me a free game... So i just take my receipt back and then **** off out of the shop with a :mad: on my face. I will never go to Gamestop in Stephens Green again! I bet their staff don't have a clue about games or consoles. Their staff are just a bunch of unprofessional ugly weird emos,that do not help staff out with problems whatsoever, and do not deserve a job working there! The staff in Henry street GS are allot more knowledgeable and helpful!

Anyway thanks for your help Ray was worth a try!

• Advertisement

no
    Hey Ray,

Went back into GS today, Told them my problem and told them about the deal you got with the free EA title, which i didn't receive, they were not helpful at all.... I told the girl why hasn't this outlet have the same priced deals in Tallaght GS , She asked when you got your bundle which i didnt know??? and i told her to ring The Tallaght GS and ask them if they still did it, She goes back behind the storeroom, and i doubt she rang them because she came back out within a minute, She stated, '' The GS in Tallaght was selling off elites and offering free Fifa 10's'' ( I highly doubt this because the bundle for Forza 3 only came out recently!) and she said '' Your friend just bought the bundle at a good time'' and theres nothing she could do for me about giving me a free game... So i just take my receipt back and then **** off out of the shop with a :mad: on my face. I will never go to Gamestop in Stephens Green again! I bet their staff don't have a clue about games or consoles. Their staff are just a bunch of unprofessional ugly weird emos,that do not help staff out with problems whatsoever, and do not deserve a job working there! The staff in Henry street GS are allot more knowledgeable and helpful!

Anyway thanks for your help Ray was worth a try!
    hey sorry to hear that! so i got my 250 gig on saturday in gamestop tallaght and was offered any ea game free not just fifa 2010! maybe try ringing tomorrow keeping your cool and explain that you like other customers should receive your free game! just try again and if that fails pm me and ill try and get some info from my receipt ok?

Advertisement