Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No outgoing Data to GFWL from SF4 PC Client

Options
  • 13-11-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Basically I've been having a lot of trouble with my client connecting to GFWL. I'm having to start and restart the client over and over and over till eventually it decides to actually try and connect to the online server.

I bought the game through steam so I click the icon to start it opens the client and tries to sign in to GFWL but I eventually get an error saying it cant connect and to check the network isn't down when I've asked friends and they're telling me that it's fine.

I use a program called netlimiter to monitor what's accessing the net and I'm noticing that every time I try to log on, the SF4 client isn't even trying to connect as no outgoing data is present. It's not the firewall as sometimes the game does connect and I've verified this anyway by making sure it's allowing the .exe for street fighter through it anyway. I restart the client about 50 times taking often over half an hour to forty five minutes just to get the thing to actually send out some data and be accepted onto the network. Anyone come across this? It's driving me up the wall. Also just to point out other games on steam are working fine and steam can and is accessing the net just fine so it seems localised to the SF4 client :/

Any help appreciated!

Cheers.

Ry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GFWL uses the same ports as xbox live I think, are you forwarding ports for that which could be messing with your PC connecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Have you tried running the stand alone GFWL client without SF4, and can you connect that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I don't use xbox live and I've no ports forwarded on the router at all since NAT 2 for PS3 didn't depend on it and instead depended on uPnP. Loada ****e! It's really puzzling me. Seems sometimes it works sometimes doesn't. I don't disconnect once I get on and I've a decent enough connection just always seems to give me trouble at the start just logging on.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Seriously , just try forwarding the ports. Theres no harm in trying no? What router do you have? Have you ever port forwarded anything on that before?

I didn't get the steam version so I dunno what thats like but for me I just have a short cut on the desktop, double click and it loads a window with the option to mess with buttons and pc settings or launch the game. When I launch the game, just before I reach the main menu, GFWL logs me in then, which takes 3 seconds or so.

And thats it.

I've never had to forward any ports or anything. I dunno, what version of windows yea running btw?

Running Vista 64 ultimate. I've forwarded the ports before but tbh it really shouldn't matter because it's not a console and it's just my pc so it should be working fine straight from my PC's connection to the router ye know :/ it's bent! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Ry wrote: »
    Running Vista 64 ultimate. I've forwarded the ports before but tbh it really shouldn't matter because it's not a console and it's just my pc so it should be working fine straight from my PC's connection to the router ye know :/ it's bent! :)

GFWL is notorious for needing ports opened, it's the only PC application I've ever had to forward ports for.

Next time you manage to connect, go to your network settings from the home menu, and check your NAT. If it's anything but open, then you'll need to forward ports.

I've had to forward a shlt load of ports in my day and I'm a pc gamer. It all depends on the NAT on your router too.

2DF needed port forwarding. On my old router playing GTA4 with my mates was a nightmare with out all of us forwarding our ports.

Any RTS I played back in the day needed port forwarding too. Pretty much anything P2P needed port forwarding actually. ****in NATs:mad: The eircom routers sucked balls.

UPC's cisco router I've got now seems pretty good though. So far.

What ports?

GFWL I assume? Maybe steam as well? I dunno 'em off hand, give it an auld google there. hope it works out. Oh and what router do you have?

****ty zyXel yoke from Vodaboner

• Advertisement
Advertisement