Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can only log on as guest on XP

• 13-11-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi have a really annoying roblem and looking for a quick fix if there's any: I can only log on as a guest and cannot get to my full account. I haven't changed anything, though got a few games. I'd like to avoid reinstalling windows or running repair install. Any other way to reactivate account, ie asking me for a password, maybe bypass windows. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

XP Home and XP pro are very different when it comes to logon

try again in safe mode
    try loging in as adminstrator with no password

then run system restore to roll things back a week or so when it was all OK

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigmoma22

Tried all that, alas does not work. Anything else to do? Any command that would work from command prompt(run...) something like that...in guest account...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

what happens when you try to load your own profile?

if your profiles is corrupt this might help you make an new admin level account.....

if you run control userpasswords2 in the guest account it might ask you for an admin username and password you can try your normal username and password, or administrator and no password

then add a new account, give it a name and password if you wish and assign the account administrator rights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Windows XP Pro or Home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

A well know virus changes the password on Admin accounts to Hacked (Try uppercase and lowercase h, not sure which it is?). If that works then get yourself over to the Virus and Malware removal forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigmoma22

Sorry for silence, this is my little brother abroad screaming for help... His PC so I'm trying to find out what exactly is happening... It's windows XP home

Haven't tried password Hacker, will ask him to do so.
    Thank you so much.

Any other suggestions??

Advertisement