Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

substitution

Options
  • 13-11-2009 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Got my last Gun sorted, a like for like substitution .22, :D it was put into the system 10 days ago and grant letter came today, not too long of a wait.
    still cant tell about the mod till i get the actual license back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

you must be well in with the local sgt :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Hey Bang, you said your details were put into the system 10 days ago, when did you actually submit the substitution. Put mine in a week ago and was hoping it would go quick enough. How long from submission of the application till it was inputted. Would you know?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bang

ezridax wrote: »
    Hey Bang, you said your details were put into the system 10 days ago, when did you actually submit the substitution. Put mine in a week ago and was hoping it would go quick enough. How long from submission of the application till it was inputted. Would you know?

Hi ezridax,
    All 3 applications were put in on 20 september, the 2 straight and the 1 substitution, the thing was I had the new gun imported from the uk, the Sergeant said that as soon as the gun was verified in the flesh he would submit the substitution, the gun arrived in the country 12 days ago . and was verified by local Guards at the dealer that brought it in for me, same dealer that took in my old .22. The sergeant said he was happy 10 days ago and letter arrived today.

The sergeant never had a problem with a sub from the outset.
    Bang.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I had my original application submitted before i decided to change. Got the licence. My sub went in a week ago or so. Judging from your case i'm hopeful it'll be along by the end of next week.

Cheers.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

same with me , i decided to swap the ruger 10/22 for a bsa international target rifle ,so i asked the firearms officer what to do as i hadn't put in my renewals yet , she told me to fill in the details for the new rifle and simply include the slip from the gunshop where i had left in the ruger , got it in only a few weeks , and no sign of the rest of my licences yet .

• Advertisement
Advertisement