Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE BIG THAW***POSSIBLE FLOODING FOR TUE 11TH***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 futsal

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1063698

Report from Tullow last night (21minutes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldmillgal

Did carlow have the lowest temp again last night -17.7 on villains website.... By the way congratulations Villain the site is excellent and well done on making it to the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Work put me up in a close by hotel last night so I wouldnt have to travel back to Carlow, They are offering the same again tonight (cos I've to work tomorrow also) but I'm wondering how bad is the weather for tomorrow going to be.
    i.e if I stay over again will I even get home tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

From what I hear the weather is to get bad on Sunday or Sunday evening. I havent herd any adverse weather forecasts for Saturday evening.
    The M9 was a disgrace this morning compared to the M7, Naas Dual Carrageway and the M50.
    They gritted the M9 yesterday about 1pm but only on the slow lane.
    We will all be buying sachets of salt for the road next, And they wonder why so many of us are asking where do our taxes go. Too many bloody junkets and high saleries + bonuses.
    Its a sad state of affairs when the local authorities cannot even afford to buy salt to keep the country moving.
    Anyway I was getting off thread a little there, but I love my little rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Managed to get to Carlow this morning from Bunclody, the roads were okish. You just need to take your time. I was listening to South-East radio and all roads in Wexford might be closed from Monday until things improve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

All roads??????

apparently so. I'll call the guards later on for confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

I have to go to work tomorrow in Kilkenny. Anyone know what the road from Bunclody to Carlow and then the motorway and beyond to Kilkenny is like? I will have to get to work for 8am.

Looby_Loo wrote: »
    I have to go to work tomorrow in Kilkenny. Anyone know what the road from Bunclody to Carlow and then the motorway and beyond to Kilkenny is like? I will have to get to work for 8am.

The hill out of town is clear but wet. Kildavin is ok on the way out but a lot of compacted ice on the way back. The hill past the Forge restaurant is clear but wet. If it freezes tonight and it will, the roads will be like a skating rink again. They were treated in some places. Take your time and you will be grand. As for the motorway i can't comment.

Just spoke to Gorey station and they have no idea where South-East radio came up with the story about the roads in Wexford being closed next week. Bloody scaremongering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

super-rush wrote: »
    Just spoke to Gorey station and they have no idea where South-East radio came up with the story about the roads in Wexford being closed next week. Bloody scaremongering.

It was obvious they weren't going to close all roads, that's just stupid

It was obvious they weren't going to close all roads, that's just stupid

Which is why i called them to see what they had to say and to let them know what SE radio were telling people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Looby_Loo wrote: »

I took a spin down the motorway today. From Tinryland to Powerstown. It was fine on the inside lane. You want to be a little crazy to venture into the overtaking lane though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-14.6c already this is seriously COLD

Villain wrote: »
    -14.6c already this is seriously COLD

Is this temp caused by the snowfields?

Is this temp caused by the snowfields?
    Yep super-rush that and I'm in a Frost Hollow did you hear the Gerry Ryan interview today starts about 30 mins http://2fm.rte.ie/gerry

Villain wrote: »
    Yep super-rush that and I'm in a Frost Hollow did you hear the Gerry Ryan interview today starts about 30 mins http://2fm.rte.ie/gerry

No i didn't but i'll check it out. The reason i ask is that the Reach station is only showing temps of -1.2 and windchill of -5.2.

No i didn't but i'll check it out. The reason i ask is that the Reach station is only showing temps of -1.2 and windchill of -5.2.
    Yea its funny but high areas in this weather will be see much higher temps than low areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

interview of what?

About the weather station I have and low temps

• Advertisement

Ah cool, ill give it a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Is it on a pod cast?

Edit:
    Think I found it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Link???

Link???
    http://2fm.rte.ie/gerry and select Listen Back and go to 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6 siobhancoyle

does anyone know if 3rd level ITs and Uni's will be closed seen that
    ''All national and secondary schools are to remain closed until Thursday 14 January''

Ive got exams next week and I dont want to waste the weekend studying for Mondays topic if it isnt going ahead.....AND I havent a clue how Im going to get to it...I cant even get out of my estate at the minute!!!

Anyone know if the colleges will be closed?

sorry tried to create a seperate thread but it wont let me...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Good stuff, although Gerry kept butting in :pac:

does anyone know if 3rd level ITs and Uni's will be closed seen that
    ''All national and secondary schools are to remain closed until Thursday 14 January''

Ive got exams next week and I dont want to waste the weekend studying for Mondays topic if it isnt going ahead.....AND I havent a clue how Im going to get to it...I cant even get out of my estate at the minute!!!

Anyone know if the colleges will be closed?

sorry tried to create a seperate thread but it wont let me...:rolleyes:

Here>>http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055792287

if we're gona get as much snow on sunday as people think we're gona get i'd say the I.T. could end up closed. Im sure a lot of people wont be able to travel. that is ofc if we do get this snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Snowing lightly in Ballon right now.

Advertisement