Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE BIG THAW***POSSIBLE FLOODING FOR TUE 11TH***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

FLOOD WARNING

We have a risk of flooding tomorrow with lying snow been washed away with heavy rain. If you live in an area which is liable to flooding please check the forecast regularly and keep an eye on water levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

Good point Villian.
    Also with the snow thawing a bit, the roofs on sheds will become that little bit heavier thus prone to falling in if not supported properly.

Oh my 100th posting. Woo Hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Also with the snow thawing a bit, the roofs on sheds will become that little bit heavier thus prone to falling in if not supported properly.

Not only roofs of sheds but as I experienced last night be mindful also that snow sliding from the roof could also bring some of the guttering with it and brackets with it. :mad::mad::mad:

if not fixed this could lead to further problems when there is a heavy fall of rain.

Yep Tommy I've been going around on a step ladder with a shovel knocking it off bits at a time, some of it is quite heavy so if its over the door be careful as a door slamming could cause it to come down on top of you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

mmmm will i leave out buckets to collect rainwater considering its still gone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just be careful of the buckets. You do remember that Liza and Henry had trouble with their bucket.
    Singing "Theres a hole in the bucket dear Liza Dear Liza" etc etc :p

I noticed this morning also that there was a lot of snow falling from the top of lorries onto the road. Dam near hit a car and caused an accident. Keep your distance folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭turtle dubh

Hi does anybody know what the roads are like from Fenagh to Borris, and from Borris to Graignamanagh via Ballytiglea bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hi does anybody know what the roads are like from Fenagh to Borris, and from Borris to Graignamanagh via Ballytiglea bridge.

Slippy but passable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭turtle dubh

Thanks Super-rush

The Weather system approaching has the potential cause serious flooding, those in affected areas be warned. It will also get very windy with winds up to 80kph

• Advertisement

I don't mean to repeat myself but I won't get to post in the morning. The weather system approaching is very serious and we could see Flash Floods in Carlow and Kilkenny. I just hope people are ready if it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Villain wrote: »
    I don't mean to repeat myself but I won't get to post in the morning. The weather system approaching is very serious and we could see Flash Floods in Carlow and Kilkenny. I just hope people are ready if it does happen.

lads the weather systems will do damage but you must remember that alongside that fact there is the fact that the mountains will begin to thaw soon and there is a lot of snow on them mountains. If they thaw there will be a lot more water flowing from the mountains than usual and this will put more pressure on everywhere, it's very likely pressure on some water fittings could lead to them popping off so keep an eye on that.

Roads are still dangerous / hazardous on the way to Dublin as proved this morning with the multi-car accident on the motorway just past Kilcullen before the bridge.
    Hoping that no one was seriously hurt.

Took a while for the emergency serices to get there with the road conditions I imagine.

Still people were in a mad rush to get to their destination when they got through the accident area.
    SLOW DOWN PEOPLE !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

heavy sleat rain falling in tullow at the minute.
    Its pretty nasty out :(

A touch of snow in Carlow and around Graiguenamanagh I was informed.

The Gish wrote: »
    A touch of snow in Carlow and around Graiguenamanagh I was informed.

snowing again in myshall

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭natc

snowing fairly heavy in carlow at moment. can only make conditions worse for people! footpaths are pretty dangerous as it is.

yep indeed snowing in carlow town....kinda sticking too!

balls i wanted to go home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

great im heading down this evening gonna be hitting carlow late enough can people keep conditions updated here would appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Snowing a lot for the past hour but the ground is so wet that none is sticking, if theres freezing temperatures tonight its gona be pretty bad but atm i think its 3 or 4 degrees and i dont think its supposed to be too cold tonight looking at sky news weather.

the patio area in my back garden is covered in snow

• Registered Users Posts: 8 myshallman

Myshall in the middle of a blizzard at the moment, very heavy snow and gale force winds:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Heavy snow in carlow town, roads have become poor with slush. Lots of traffic build up. Snow is beginning to stick on paths around the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

deaglan169 wrote: »
    great im heading down this evening gonna be hitting carlow late enough can people keep conditions updated here would appreciate it

Ditto. In dub, leaving here at around 4:45. Please update on weather/roads as much as possible.... will be travelling n7/n9 and taking Carlow north turn off...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭natc

my estate just outside carlow town is covered in snow. its definately sticking now. doesn't look like its going to stop anytime soon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

have driven alot around town the last hour, snow sticking, and a roads slippy out, a few crashes I've seen also .

be careful people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Blizzard conditions down around Ballon. Its beginning to stick to paths and very slushy on the N80 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The BBC predicted this on Sunday. Any further updates folks? Snow mixed with rain here at the moment.

• Advertisement

Turned to more Sleet in Tullow but Bro in Rathoe said it was sticking about an hour ago.

Advertisement