Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE BIG THAW***POSSIBLE FLOODING FOR TUE 11TH***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

My mother works in a creche in Tullow and they have no electricity at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

My mother works in a creche in Tullow and they have no electricity at the moment.

Parts of Ballon and Fenagh are also without electricity so would seem to be a wider issue with electricity

Not sure if this helps but just traveled from Blanchardstown to Ballon and the M7 is grand but the overtaking lane from MY7/M9I junction to Kilcullen is not great as still some slush on the RHS of it, then grand again as far as just outside Carlow North\Castledermot turnoff between that and Tinryland is very slushy and care needs to be taken. N80 is not in great nick at the moment as alot of slush is on it again but is OK if care is taken on it.

one thing to also watch out for is if some gobsxixte uses fast lane on M9 to overtake you on it they will throw a large lump of slush towards you as they pass and may temporarily obstruct your view.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Power was off from about 4.00, just back now.Have had sleety snow on and off too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The "Ballymurphy" rd in Tullow, past the GAA pitch is still very poor(icy).Road from Friarstown cross to the Towers also poor and a large lough of water covers the road back about 500 yds form the Towers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldmillgal

HiAnyone know what the weather and road conditions are like in Borris?Thanks

Sorry that just read conditions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

The power is back, but the snow is falling heavier than at any time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

still pretty much the same in Carlow town. Alot of sleet falling and roads are very slushy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldmillgal

Is there major snowfall around the county... I have only had rain and sleet but a trip into Carlow town in the mid afternoon was like arriving on another planet from Milford cross the road became slushy and then the town was crazy with slush and a major snow blizzard?

Anyone notice major snowfall in their area in Carlow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

i wouldn't describe anything I saw today as major. I was nothing compared to last wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

About 2 inches fell and sticking in Myshall village since 1 pm today. Extremely slushy snow. Roads from village and higher in poor condition.

It's wet horizontal snow!!! - stole that quote from a TV3 report just there now Live from Wicklow.

12th January 21:30 Myshall looking west - rain shown around street light coming from south east :eek:

siderainder

• Advertisement

Had a power cut here in Bunclody at 7pm only lasted for 30 minutes or so. Mobile phone signals are very poor, prticularly O2.

Just after talking to someone living in Myshall and their power has been gone since 5:00pm and they are now watching lightening coming over the mountain. Its still snowing/sleeting there since this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

M7. M9 Naas Dual Carraigeway and the M50 are just about clear. No problems this morning.
    Airport area clear also.
    Would suggest a little caution though.

Area around Dunlavin (Wicklow) and Ballymore Eustace (Kildare) ice under slush.

I'm tempting fate and removing this as a sticky :D

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

lol well if the weather charts that are out today for late next week were to come off we could have a cold snap coming, although it would be short lived.

If I see something coming in a reliable time frame, I'll update this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

F**K OFF cold weather till i get my water back!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I think this is incredible. At the moment on the carlowweather.com, the temperature is 9.2C, 7 - 10 days ago, the temperature was -8 to -16. To me that is amazing that we are in the month of January and in the space of a week or ten days the temperature is 17 to 25 C warmer.

I wonder what is the largest temperature different is in such a short period of time is, in Ireland ???

I won't re-stick this unless things deteriorate more but i do have a warning for people.

Fenagh road to the Fighting Cocks is heavily flooded at the moment so take care particularly when you get closer to to the Cocks.

Myshall to Kildavin road is virtually impassible with up to 3 feet of water on both sides of the road most notably as you come into Kildavin village. Lots and lots of surface water elsewhere on that stretch of road, which is flowing down from the hills across the road. Some of the road is washing away particularly in Kildavin itself. Avoid at all costs.

If it continues like this i'm sure Carlow will be a mess once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Just got a phonecall from my Dad. The bridge is out at Rathglass between Tullow and Ardattin. I haven't got up town yet, is Graiugecullen bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Tullow is flooding at the bridge and back upstream in Baltinglass too according to reports I got, we had 30mm of rain overnight.

Queenmise I'll reply to you later when I get a chance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Some water coming up through drains in Centaur Street (where else).

The river is up to the level of the boardwalk in the park. Still about 6 inches short of the barrow track.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/koregan/sets/72157623096911247/

Few pics from Hanover weir, castle, park and centaur this afternoon.

kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

Is it true the snow is coming back? Heard some rumours but not entirely sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Is it true the snow is coming back? Heard some rumours but not entirely sure?
    God I hope not!

I've heard the rumors as well and i really hope we don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Yeah was actually wondering the same thing myself, have heard it a mentioned a few times but nothing has been confirmed by anybody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I for one would welcome more snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

i heard there could be snow at the weekend....but im assuming its not going to anything like what we had :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

zombie thread start a new one!!!

and for info on the snow, try the weather forum

zombie thread start a new one!!!

and for info on the snow, try the weather forum

If the snow makes a re-appearance then this thread will be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

As someone else said have a look in the Weather Forum, No real snow this weekend, Next Tue and Wen might throw up something but it wont be a bad as early January

Advertisement