Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE BIG THAW***POSSIBLE FLOODING FOR TUE 11TH***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Bro made it to Castledermot after a lot of spinning and sliding, apparently the town is very very quite as the square isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Sorry, man.. I meant Carlow town. Not going to Tullow today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Just got into work there, Tullow is like a ghost town. Is there more snow on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

eddiehead wrote: »
    Just got into work there, Tullow is like a ghost town. Is there more snow on the way?
    Maybe on Sunday Eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

i've just pulled the plug on me travelling to clonskeagh for work today. How are people doing, is everyone house bound?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

ShayK1 wrote: »
    has anyone ventured out this morning? Are the roads around the town still like an ice rink?

Made it from Carlow to Tullow for 9 O'clock..ish:) Journey was fine. The town (carlow) was bad but light traffic so fine. Travelled the Tullow road, No traffic so moved along nicely. Turned off at lemonade cross (is that how you spell it??) to avoid the town, I work on the Bunclody road. Made it in in about 40 min. It took me an hour and a half to get home yesterday evening via Ballon.
    Stay off the roads unless absolutely necesssary, the more traffic will only make the roads worse IMO.
    Congrats last night villian, you had a great little fan club over on weather, do you reckon you will have a chance of hitting the -19 or are we passed the coldest of it?

I'm at home today. My boss, (also my Ma) rang to tell me to stay at home.
    I want to go to Doyle's and get a decent shovel though. I've only got a spear headed shovel and I want a big coal shovel or snow shovel if such a thing exist in Ireland.

I walked to Woodies but they don't have anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I have to go to Carlow but it looks like i'll be housebound for the day.

super-rush wrote: »
    I have to go to Carlow but it looks like i'll be housebound for the day.

AFAIK Boggan hill is still in a jock. Anything I can do for you? I'm pretty close to the center of town

I'm at home today. My boss, (also my Ma) rang to tell me to stay at home.
    I want to go to Doyle's and get a decent shovel though. I've only got a spear headed shovel and I want a big coal shovel or snow shovel if such a thing exist in Ireland.

I walked to Woodies but they don't have anything :(

I sell grain shovels ideal for snow. Could bring you in 1 this evening. 25 euro if your interested.

• Advertisement

mickos wrote: »
    I sell grain shovels ideal for snow. Could bring you in 1 this evening. 25 euro if your interested.

That's exactly what I'm looking for but couldn't remember what they were used for. Where do you sell them? I'm just heading out the door now so I'll get back to you after lunch. If at all possible I'd like to clear the driveway in the afternoon before it gets dark and cold again. My theory is it'll be easier to clear the light scatter today rather than clearing the frozen stuff I could face tomorrow.

AFAIK Boggan hill is still in a jock. Anything I can do for you? I'm pretty close to the center of town

It might sound a bit silly but i need to lodge money into my bank account. Bills need to be paid etc. Thanks for the offer Shay but i think i'm going to have to wait or try and go through Myshall.

Obviously your bank doesn't have a branch in bunclody then?

Nearest one after Carlow is Wexford town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I took the Carlow interchange at 9am this morning traveling to Naas.
    Just had the two stripes of tarmac in the slow lane pretty much all the way to the N7.
    I was the only car going northbound, it was like being in a Zombie movie.
    Road very driveable imho.

That's exactly what I'm looking for but couldn't remember what they were used for. Where do you sell them? I'm just heading out the door now so I'll get back to you after lunch. If at all possible I'd like to clear the driveway in the afternoon before it gets dark and cold again. My theory is it'll be easier to clear the light scatter today rather than clearing the frozen stuff I could face tomorrow.

Sell them in a shop called Agri vet in the industrial estate on the Bunclody road. I'm probably gonna head for home at lunch time. I'll throw one in the car. i'll have it if you want it. i'd say I live not too far from you in Carlow anyway. I live close to Aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Ballon Village was gritted at 12.45am for anyone driving through. Still a lot of snow and ice on the road. Temp -0.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldmillgal

The snow here is not melting at all! The place looks like its been frozen in time and its very quiet..... almost spooky!:eek:

Carlow's own Villain gets a mention in todays Irish Times.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0107/breaking21.htm

No more posts until this evening I promise, but just to add to the fun and games a thick fog is beginning to envelope the area and the temp has dropped to -1.3c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Can you flip it another few times, or flip the other way. That was cool... :D:D

Sorry if i flip it more than once, it'll look like i'm trying to hard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

watching this thread and the weather one very closely im due back in carlow sunday evening but i believe there is widespread snow promised from reading the onditions of roads at present looks like ill be having an extended holiday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Looks like some freezing fog rolling in where I am now just outside Ballon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Going out in the snow with the camera - wish me luck that I get back ok.

The two kids look like as if they mugged a wool factory to go out.... :p:p

super-rush wrote: »
    Nearest one after Carlow is Wexford town.

Halifax?
    mickos wrote: »
    Sell them in a shop called Agri vet in the industrial estate on the Bunclody road. I'm probably gonna head for home at lunch time. I'll throw one in the car. i'll have it if you want it. i'd say I live not too far from you in Carlow anyway. I live close to Aldi.

I got a decent snow shovel in Homebase for €14 so I'm sorted. Thanks very much for the offer though.
    Its a plastic / hard rubber material so its very light. Was the real job! Driveway and footpath outside my house are clear for now.
    leincar wrote: »
    Ballon Village was gritted at 12.45am for anyone driving through. Still a lot of snow and ice on the road. Temp -0.9c

That's a kinda stupid time to be gritting? Surely it would just freeze over the grit by 2am?
    Not alot of traffic in the middle of the night so there'd be no way of spreading it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Freezing fog here in Tullow. Husband has gone to the shop, as wooly as a Yeti...nigh on impossible to get a car up and down the hill outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

some pics from around the house here outside Ballon!
    Snow Pics

Pics are great folks but don't forget to upload them to the photo thread so we can look back on them later in the year. This thread will disappear after the next few weeks and the pics will be forgotten about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ronnie#1

Fog coming down now in Carlow town.

The roundabout at Supervalue on the Hackettstwon road is very slippy, seen loads of cars and vans losing control there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Just googled to find out how cold it is outside and got this http://www.weathercity.com/ca/mb/bunclody/ Glad I am not there!!

Advertisement