Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE BIG THAW***POSSIBLE FLOODING FOR TUE 11TH***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Looby_Loo wrote: »
    Just googled to find out how cold it is outside and got this http://www.weathercity.com/ca/mb/bunclody/ Glad I am not there!!

thats canada it seems

according to villans carlowweather.com it's -3.2 presently

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Highest Temp of -2.4c today lol

Irish Times did an interview might be in the paper tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

rte news just announced the will be live from tullow in a few mins,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

kwalshe wrote: »
    rte news just announced the will be live from tullow in a few mins,
    is it going to be you villan? Are you turning out to be quite the celebrity. I overheard somebody in the butcher in ballon talking about you and the site.

kwalshe wrote: »
    is it going to be you villan? Are you turning out to be quite the celebrity. I overheard somebody in the butcher in ballon talking about you and the site.
    Nope not me I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Its Willy Patton :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Now John Gormley is on. They should ask him about the whole global warming thing, seeing this winter has been the coldest in 20+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Good man Willy :D

Some moderately good news for people travelling between Carlow and Bunclody.
    The hill itself(Boggan) has been cleared at the Ballon side ONLY which makes it passable but take extreme care. The road is still largely covered in frozen snow but they have cleared the worst part of it.

The hill going into Bunclody has been cleared aswell(i'll try and confirm that myself later on tonight).

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Now John Gormley is on. They should ask him the whole global warming thing, seeing this winter has been the coldest in 20+ years.

I'd sooner ask Jim Corr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Just took a spin around Carlow town, I had a craving for some tesco blueberry muffins so i just had to go. It's so easy to crash but it's even easier not to crash. You realise how many donkeys are about when the roads are rubbish.

• Advertisement

Now John Gormley is on. They should ask him about the whole global warming thing, seeing this winter has been the coldest in 20+ years.

Global warming doesn't make the world warmer. It makes the weather more severe. Harsh winters, Roasting summers etc, etc, etc. I'm sure you could find people who would tell you that these conditions are a direction result of global warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

BDFE0EF3EB8541F8AA175FB7488F7A46-800.jpg

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

He was on the news at lunchtime. Possibly the least impressive politician I've come across this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Taffy Kat

I'm going to Milan tomorrow, I don't need to be at the airport until 2.55 but the train gets me into Dublin too early, I said I would take the bus but my girlfriend went bananas and said the roads are too slippy but between Carlow would be ok or am I off-the-ball?

Taffy Kat wrote: »
    I'm going to Milan tomorrow, I don't need to be at the airport until 2.55 but the train gets me into Dublin too early, I said I would take the bus but my girlfriend went bananas and said the roads are too slippy but between Carlow would be ok or am I off-the-ball?

What about the 12:13 train? In dublin for 13:30?
    I can't imagine that the airport link will be travelling too fast.

If it were me i'd get the train. You might get there too early but at least you will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

This thread really needs this - I think I can get away with it as it is still so early in January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Global warming doesn't make the world warmer. It makes the weather more severe. Harsh winters, Roasting summers etc, etc, etc. I'm sure you could find people who would tell you that these conditions are a direction result of global warming.

The core of the man made global warming theory is that co2 is the cause of the global mean temperature rising. When we get more winters like we are seeing right now in Europe, UK, North America and here that I know of, and we will in the next few years, the global mean temperature will fall / level out, while co2 will still rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i dont think it means 'man made ' c02 pollution is the main cause, but our own pollution is accelerating an already natual phenomena.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

What about the 12:13 train? In dublin for 13:30?
    I can't imagine that the airport link will be travelling too fast.

Would not advise him to rely on the train. That one was an almost an hour late leaving Carlow today. About 1.10 it left.

I was lucky to just about make my interview in Dublin at 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Well done Villain. Mentioned and interviewed in the paper of record.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0108/1224261896627.html

any reports on Road conditions today?
    I'd like to go to work for awhile today but I don't fancy driving on frozen snow.

I'd like to go to work for awhile today but I don't fancy driving on frozen snow.

The N80 is not great, but it is driveable if you take it easy. As usual its having to watch out for some of the fools out there.

its -17.4c in Tullow don't go anywhere unles you HAVE to for a few hours at least

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Road is not too bad today shay. I travelled from Carlow to Tullow (Tullow road) and made it in under 30 min. Take your time, keep your distance from the car in front and expect the unexpected, you'll be fine.

mickos wrote: »
    Road is not too bad today shay. I travelled from Carlow to Tullow (Tullow road) and made it in under 30 min. Take your time, keep your distance from the car in front and expect the unexpected, you'll be fine.

just as a matter of interest, what are you driving? Is there much snow left, or is it frozen snow, or is it just ice?

There is freezing fog closing in again around the Ballon area. Watch yourselves guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

I just went outside to look at the thermometer I have in the garden it says -17!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I've driven in town a few times and it's been okay, as said take your time, and keep your distance, seems to have been gritted the main thorough fares anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

just as a matter of interest, what are you driving? Is there much snow left, or is it frozen snow, or is it just ice?
    I drive a citreoin car. Bog standard front wheel drive. You are driving on compacted snow. The road hasn't been gritted at all. I haven't found the snow as bad as some of the ice last week. Drive in as high a gear as possible and gear down to brake if you need to. A guy pulled out in front of me yesterday at the girls school in Tullow, I instinctively hit the brake, wrong decision I then had no control and caught the kerb. I was travelling in 2nd at the time I should of just gone into 1st and let the car slow itself.

Advertisement