Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some photos from the NEC classic car show.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

It just doesnt really make any sense that Pat Gleasure (an undertaker) would convert the car from a hearse back to a saloon- it would be a mental amount of work and you'd need another perfectly good car to chop up!
    Agreed,seems odd alright!?
    The show was great,was there for two days.Plenty to look at,definatly lost two stone walking though!:D
    Not sure what way my photos are though,two nights of Cheap vodka and Redbull gave me severe handshake!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭spidersonmars

Great photos Junkyard. I'm off to Essen at the end of the month. Hopefully I'll get some good shots of cars that we don't see over here or in the UK.

BTW I don't know if anyone remembers a book call the AA book of the car. It was published in the late sixties/early seventies. Every detail of how to look after a car of that vintage is described. I have scanned a copy of it for reference and to protect my orginal copy.

One slight problem, my copy is 500MBs. If anyone is interested in seeing it, PM me.

I will try to arrange a viewing;);)

BTW I don't know if anyone remembers a book call the AA book of the car. It was published in the late sixties/early seventies. Every detail of how to look after a car of that vintage is described. I have scanned a copy of it for reference and to protect my orginal copy.
    I have it,its a good book.Lots of stuff in it!Did you buy it at the show?
    There was a hell of a lot of books an brochures there.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

Great photos Junkyard. I'm off to Essen at the end of the month. Hopefully I'll get some good shots of cars that we don't see over here or in the UK.

One slight problem, my copy is 500MBs. If anyone is interested in seeing it, PM me.

I will try to arrange a viewing;);)

i have that book here :) absolutly like new

some stuff in it !

in fact i think it deserves a thread of its own !!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I thought Essen was on in March or is there another one too Spidersonmars?

Pat Gleasure used to convert hearses to cars alright Kevin, I remember he did an old Rolls years ago too and he also built a few hearses as far as I know.

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote: »
    Pat Gleasure used to convert hearses to cars alright Kevin, I remember he did an old Rolls years ago too and he also built a few hearses as far as I know.
    Id love to see a car that this has been done to.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

I have seen plenty of hearses changed into touring bodies but I just cant see somebody doing this to a Sheerline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

junkyard wrote: »
    Well it was on the gay classic car club stand,

I think that's fantastic there's a gay classic car stand!

I'm straight, but I'd join it cos I think thats just brilliant.

A mate of mine was there and sent me some nice pics, including a spotless Marina MKII. Nice!

overdriver wrote: »
    I think that's fantastic there's a gay classic car stand!
    I'm straight, but I'd join it cos I think thats just brilliant.
    Wonder do you have to be gay to join?They had the most eyecatching stand for sure,with the big rainbow over it!Think there was a tidy MK3 Cortina on there,cant remember what else tho.

The partly disassembled Silver Shadow on the rolls royce enthusiasts stand,with cutaway doors and floors was very cool ,partly because it still ran and everything worked.
    Come to think of it,their whole stand was great,with alot of cutaway engines and axles on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Plays merry hell with the stereotypes doesn't it?

A million miles away from TV's limp wristed camp nonsense.

Like I said - brilliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement