Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed 2 PS3 or Xbox 360 Version

Options
  • 14-11-2009 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have both PS3 and Xbox 360 but i'm not sure what to get assassin's creed 2 for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wait until closer to release date to see:

(a) If there are any notable differences between the games (watch for reviews on multi-platform sites)
    (b) If there are any platform specific bonuses (like Joker level on PS3 Arkham Asylum)
    (c) Down to personal preference. Do you prefer PS3 or Xbox in general? PS3 controller vs Xbox controller? Achievements vs. Trophies?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭markmcg

I think i might be getting the 360 because i can install it onto hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

markmcg wrote: »
    I think i might be getting the 360 because i can install it onto hard drive.

How is that a buying point?

Would it load better. also i find the Xbox live better than psn. i recently just got the call of duty 250gb xbox 360 so need to build up a library of 360 games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Because it will give faster loading times compared to the PS3's plodding Blu Ray drive.

I'd take a guess that the 360 version will be the better one since the first assassins creed was pretty poor on the PS3 compared to the 360. Still you won't be certain until digital foundry do a comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

How is that a buying point?

Cuts down on load times, makes the system run quieter due to not needing to spin the disk (VERY handy on the jet-engine......I mean 360 :D )

I have not heard any talk of exclusive bonuses for either console, only the stuff for pre-ordering and in the "Black" edition so I think thats moot for both consoles. Hopefully Gametrailers will have some comparisson videos up next week so can check which runs and looks best.

Ah i see, i'm one of those weird people who don't mind waiting an extra 5 seconds for a level to load.

EDIT: Plus on comparison to HDD installed games on the 360 and playing games normally on the PS3 there is little to no difference in noise, imo opinion anyway.

I had the first assassin's creed for the ps3 but it was bit of disappointment because of the frame-rate dropping and sometimes freezing on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ah i see, i'm one of those weird people who don't mind waiting an extra 5 seconds for a level to load.

EDIT: Plus on comparison to HDD installed games on the 360 and playing games normally on the PS3 there is little to no difference in noise, imo opinion anyway.

Aye, my 360 with an installed game is still louder than my PS3 running a game off the disc if anything...

You say you prefer xbox live... Well that's hardly a selling point for a single player game.

I'll be getting it for the 360 purely because I prefer the controller and achievements work better than rewards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well judging by the utter balls they made of the PS3 version of the first game I'd be inclined to say the 360 version now.

That being said, the engine being used, Anvil, is an upgraded version of the previous Scimitar engine so fingers crossed they've managed to improve things so there is parity between the platforms. If you're not too pushed about waiting just keep your eyes pealed and you should see any potential differences surfacing on the likes of Digital Foundry who should have a nice rundown a day or so after release.

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    Aye, my 360 with an installed game is still louder than my PS3 running a game off the disc if anything...

You say you prefer xbox live... Well that's hardly a selling point for a single player game.

I'll be getting it for the 360 purely because I prefer the controller and achievements work better than rewards

Yeah i'm also getting used to the 360 controller. i just got the 360 on tuesday and also have halo 3 odst and forza 3. so hopefully i have enough to play AC2 next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

If you plan on getting Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines on the PSP there's cross conectivity thing with AC2.

rizzla wrote: »
    If you plan on getting Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines on the PSP there's cross conectivity thing with AC2.

Never really play my psp anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll be getting it for the 360. Judging by the amount of bad thinigs I've heard about the PS3 version I'll stick to the 360 copy.

Here's hoping it won't be as repetitive as the last one.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'll be getting it for the 360. Judging by the amount of bad thinigs I've heard about the PS3 version I'll stick to the 360 copy.

Here's hoping it won't be as repetitive as the last one.

Where'd you hear such things?

Its rumored that the 360 version going to include demo of splinter cell conviction

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retr0gamer wrote: »

That's AC1, i know the PS3 version was terrible. He was talking about AC2, may be an interesting read, but doesn't answer my question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Going to get it on the xbox and hopeing it will come out this weak on psn for psp go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Has the game actually been improved since the first?

Cause the first one bored me after the first three assassinations.

• Advertisement

From the videos I've seen it looks like the dev team learny nothing from the criticism of the first game and it looks like more of the same except you can fly. The assassination missions look like canned affairs when they really should be dynamic like hitmans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    From the videos I've seen it looks like the dev team learny nothing from the criticism of the first game and it looks like more of the same except you can fly. The assassination missions look like canned affairs when they really should be dynamic like hitmans.

Screw that!

I'll keep my money for a good game instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

I loved the 1st one I missed 2 days of school because of it but 1000 gamer points from it the game to me is one of the best on the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Has the game actually been improved since the first?

Cause the first one bored me after the first three assassinations.

As far as I can tell there's been quite a fair bit of improvement done. There's loads of weapons to choose from, missions can be done in any order, upgradeable items, the combat has been overhauled, there's some sort of notoriety rating that sounds cool, but I remember Hitman: Blood Money had one and it was fairly pointless. You can also gain money to buy stuff with (health no longer regenerates so you have to find doctors). They have changed to collectable flags to collectable feathers and now you get a proper bonus for collecting them all, instead of a sense of wellbeing.

You can now apparently blend in with any crowd, and not just in certain places/groups. The help you got in the first game (the monks and the thugs) are more useful now, with a group of prostitutes who surround you and distract any guard that comes near, thugs who you can direct to beat someone up and I think I heard something about pickpockets who can steal money/items for you.

I think the best addition that I've heard of is that you can now throw coins on the ground to get rid of that bloody gypsy woman!

These are just some of the things mentioned in the various preview articles on the net. The fact that there's so many new things would suggest that they've learned from their mistakes with the first game, but I guess time will tell if the game is any better. I'll let you know on the weekend. :D

I heard some positive whispers about the game as well. I'll still wait for the reviews but if it's good I'll buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Oh and I forgot to mention, if you buy it it'll make Jade smile.

jade_raymond.jpg

*sigh* :p

I've had a good think about this but I'm pretty sure that Jade Raymond is the girl of my dreams and that I love her and shame of Ubisoft for not wheeling her out for more press events.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

As far as I know she has since moved on to bigger and better things since show casing AC1 at E3 '07. Haven't seen her at all in the interview vids for AC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Going to get the Black Edition in Gamestop now, only 90euro...Might get it on the 360 but more than likely on PS3 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Going to get the Black Edition in Gamestop now, only 90euro...Might get it on the 360 but more than likely on PS3 :D

I heard that all the Black Editions are long gone, could be very wrong though.

Advertisement