Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed 2 PS3 or Xbox 360 Version

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

She's still executive producer of Assassin's Creed 2. I'd say she just got sick of the attention and the fact that she was being wheeled out by ubisoft as a pretty face and not because of the work she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Really, didn't know. I remember her interview from AC1 and she was talking about her future ideas of where the series was going and what they wanted to achieve with the next game even before the first was released.

That's why I was suprised to see that she has taken a step back from the public because of how involved she was with the first. She might not want to come across as just eye candy to sell a game, but it would help and seeing as she as a good head on her shoulders she could go some way to breaking a stereotype and promoted the gaming industry for women in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Jade is now the president of Ubisoft Toronto Studios, so she probably doesn't have the time to go around promoting AC2. Shame...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jade is pretty much any lad-gamers dream.

But any time I hear the name Jade in connection with Ubisoft, I weep a little and pray that BG&E 2 actually gets made. :(

Oh, and I always swore that I'd never waste the points on Avatar clothes, but couldn't resist the Ezio costume :o

Avatar outfits are for suckers...*hides gamercard in sig* ;)

The Assassin's Creed stuff is really cool though, I liked the Altair one as well. Kinda wish Ezio's one had a cloak though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Very excited about this game now - thinking the Xbox version mainly because I played the first on said console. Reviews trickling in seem extremely positive (general consensus seems to be that while it is more linear, it is far more varied, tightly paced and well plotted). And despite the (quite accurate) concerns with the first, I just adore the engine and overall gameplay mechanics - will be nice to have solid game design alongside it! Shame Left 4 Dead 2 is released on the same day - think I'll go for Assassin's Creed for the moment, as I'd rather a strong narrative based game, plus there is plenty of life left in MW2 online.

(Also: I love the fact this is set in the Renaissance - Assassin's Creed is one franchise that is admirably brave with settings).

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

A glowing review from Joystiq

Cant wait for the game, i loved the first one. Ordered it off thehut.com anyone know what theyre like for shipping reliability? Play have scared me off, i find game.co.uk good but hut seemed to be cheapest for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://kotaku.com/5407085/heres-that-mario-mention-in-assassins-creed-ii

That has me sold anyway... Good to see they're not taking themselves too seriously this time around:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Getting the 360 over the PS3 version of this, reading the gamespot review. They said the PS3version looks a bit washed out, has frame rate and texture issues in a few cases where as the 360 has no issues and is more a bit vibrant.

Overall this looks like a big improvement over the first, which I really liked. Bring on the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmmm, really torn on this now. I recognize the rendering issues on the PS3, it's just that i prefer trophies to achievements :P Hmm...

Where the hell is my magic eight ball...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

any idea is there somewhere selling it early?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Gaeldor68

Niska wrote: »
    91 each as of now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

have my 360 version - black edition pre ordered god i cant wait til tomorrow (DROOLS) LOL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Did a quick price check around town this evening (noone was selling it as off 6 PM, cept maybe Gamestop).

Best price (as seems to be the norm these days) is Smyths at 42.99 (will be popping down to the one in Bray first thing!). HMV are at 52.99, while Gamestop have the cheek to charge 64.99. I must say, a 22 euro price difference is absurd!

I look forward to hitting up Renaissance Italy tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Got the Black Edition for PS3 on play.com.

So I should have it in about three weeks.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Holsten wrote: »
    Got the Black Edition for PS3 on play.com.

So I should have it in about three weeks.... :rolleyes:

Haha theyre great arent they :D.

Ordered mine off the hut, it was posted yesterday :) very quick, doubt ill get it till monday though.

Suits me fine though :D got in to the BF BC 2 beta :D im loving it, didnt expect much from it pleasant surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Got my pre-order from Play earlier this morning and thankfully it arrived without a scratch. Its been packed in a unit fitting box so there was no chance of it being damaged save for someone putting their foot through it.

Post unpacking...it's as nice as it looks in the the pictures. :)

gizmo wrote: »
    Got my pre-order from Play earlier this morning and thankfully it arrived without a scratch. Its been packed in a unit fitting box so there was no chance of it being damaged save for someone putting their foot through it.

Post unpacking...it's as nice as it looks in the the pictures. :)

You lucky b*****d... when was yours dispatched? Mine was only dispatched yesterday morning.

• Advertisement

Played for a few hours there and definitely seems like an improvement over the first. While they get you straight into the Desmond story, the pace then begins to take its time, and while I'm not too far in yet (just did the three letter deliveries for his father), they are admirably taking their time building Ezio as a character, and seem more focused on an overall story. Gameplay at a basic level is still the same glorious engine and movement (there is something endlessly compelling about high points) although far more to do already - my maps is ridiculously cluttered with stuff to do! The combat system seems like the weakest link so far - feels far stiffer than the likes of say Arkham Asylum. Apart from that though, little to complain about, and I'm looking forward to playing more of it.

The combat system seems like the weakest link so far - feels far stiffer than the likes of say Arkham Asylum.

To be honest, I can't think of any combat system that measures up to Arkham Asylum, so I don't think this is a major criticism!

I picked my Black Edition from Gamestop this morning, only played for about two hours so far. I'm liking it a lot so far, it feels very like the first one. The start of the game is pretty cool all round! I'd suggest that people watch the Lineage prequel movie beforehand, it really sets the scene.

Regarding the Black Edition's content; the Ezio figure really nice, but a good bit smaller than the Altair one from the first game's CE. It also comes with a nice art book and an extras disc.

As it happens, one of the lads on here bought the White Edition and (knowing I'm fond of such things) gave me the Ezio figure! The sculpt and detailing are pretty much identical on the Black and White Edition figures, only the colour of Ezio's cloak is different. Kudos to the generous nature of my fellow Boardsie, I'll let him decide if he wants to make himself known!

To be honest, I can't think of any combat system that measures up to Arkham Asylum, so I don't think this is a major criticism!

True that, but overall the fisticuffs so far (have yet to get my hands on any sort of weapon) have been particularly bland. Except in the moments when you throw a guard off a roof, which is amusing :) It doesn't detract from the overall experience or anything, but would be the first obvious criticism I have (it has plenty of time to improve!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭inFamouxe

markmcg wrote: »
    Would it load better. also i find the Xbox live better than psn. i recently just got the call of duty 250gb xbox 360 so need to build up a library of 360 games.

But AC 2 Don't have online at all... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

inFamouxe wrote: »
    But AC 2 Don't have online at all... :rolleyes:

Well... Devil's advocate here, but if he was playing the game on Xbox360, he would be able to chat to friends who might be playing other games, something he would be unable to do on the PS3... Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

You lucky b*****d... when was yours dispatched? Mine was only dispatched yesterday morning.
    It was dispatched at 5am on the 19th but, despite what my location says, I'm currently living in Scotland so Play orders tend to arrive the day after they're shipped. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dazza_480

as far as i can tell their is know difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

i made the mistake of ordering it from play.com last Tuesday with luck ill have it before my birthday in february

• Advertisement

Has yours been dispatched yet Grim.?
    Mine was dispatched at 11:19 on the 19th, and still waiting. Hoping I get it today!

Advertisement