Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed 2 PS3 or Xbox 360 Version

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Posted on the 22nd.

Still nothing.... ugh!

I'd say it will be here next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Has yours been dispatched yet Grim.?
    Mine was dispatched at 11:19 on the 19th, and still waiting. Hoping I get it today!

My order was dispatched on the 17th and still no joy today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No joy here today yet either! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

In case anyone missed it, the Digital Foundry Face-off was put up last week and can be found here.

Results were as expected but glad to see things are improving on the PS3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

been playing this on the 360 since monday - if you ignore the awful face models the game is awesome
    its been a long time since i've played a game until after 1am every day :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Picked this up yesterday and put about 2-3 hours into it.

What exactly are the improvements?

I played the first game and eventually got pissed off with the repetitivness of it and moved on.

AC2 seems VERY similar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

quarryman wrote: »

I played the first game and eventually got pissed off with the repetitivness of it and moved on.

AC2 seems VERY similar.

The core gameplay is similar but the situations and flow are vastly different. It is no longer tied to a rigid structure of "generic side quests (X4) followed by assassination followed by Animus break" and hence the whole thing flows far smoother. Elements such as the underground catacombs provide plenty of variety, and really show off the graceful engine. The open world has been reigned in a bit, and they've removed the dull countryside you had to trek to to get to every city. There is far more variety in quests, gadgets and general mission structure. They have also somewhat dealt with the painfully inept 'interactive' cutscenes in that you don't hold endless conversations while glued to a very limited area (although there are a few bizarre QTEs).

Overall, the game just works better, and the lack of a rigid structure means that the game has dealt with many of the issues that caused problems in the first. The sub quests are now (mostly) entirely optional and varied, and the story is far superior with a strong protagonist. Simply a better experience IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

The core gameplay is similar but the situations and flow are vastly different. It is no longer tied to a rigid structure of "generic side quests (X4) followed by assassination followed by Animus break" and hence the whole thing flows far smoother. Elements such as the underground catacombs provide plenty of variety, and really show off the graceful engine. The open world has been reigned in a bit, and they've removed the dull countryside you had to trek to to get to every city. There is far more variety in quests, gadgets and general mission structure. They have also somewhat dealt with the painfully inept 'interactive' cutscenes in that you don't hold endless conversations while glued to a very limited area (although there are a few bizarre QTEs).

Overall, the game just works better, and the lack of a rigid structure means that the game has dealt with many of the issues that caused problems in the first. The sub quests are now (mostly) entirely optional and varied, and the story is far superior with a strong protagonist. Simply a better experience IMO.

ye know what, you're right.

It does actually flow much better. I keep expecting to get pulled back to an Animus break but it hasn't happened yet.

Also, i hadn't even noticed the lack of countryside travel, was wondering if it would appear later. Losing that is big plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Hmmm, really torn on this now. I recognize the rendering issues on the PS3, it's just that i prefer trophies to achievements :P Hmm...

Where the hell is my magic eight ball...
    http://8ball.tridelphia.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thats exactly what I kept thinking , ok now i'm gonna get pulled back to the real world. The glyph puzzles are a nice break / change.

They seemed to have done a better job of the travel between places in this one too. That was a major downer in the 1st one.

It's also a MUCH bigger game than I was expecting :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ribena41

markmcg wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have both PS3 and Xbox 360 but i'm not sure what to get assassin's creed 2 for.

I have played on both. On my own xbox and on a friends ps3. I thought it was better on ps3 than my xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

quarryman wrote: »

AC2 seems VERY similar.

give it time

first few hours are dreadful, but it picks up to be one of the games of the year for me

and i HATED the original

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

For retail, would smyths be the cheapest place to get this currently for the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭markmcg

I got it at smyths for 35.2. this was with discount. its being sold for 50.
    check this
    http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_List.aspx?Profile=Euro&query=creed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Helix wrote: »
    first few hours are dreadful, but it picks up to be one of the games of the year for me

I hope so. I've been playing it for an hour and am having to force myself to keep at it.

Currently it is absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dazza_480 wrote: »
    as far as i can tell their is know difference

C1EE1_microsoft_word_write_letterz_n_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I hope so. I've been playing it for an hour and am having to force myself to keep at it.

Currently it is absolute rubbish.

:O

Personally, I enjoyed it more than any other game this year, from start to finish. Easily goty for me, even beating Uncharted 2 and Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭cml387

Anybody having any trouble unlocking the exclusive content? The key I've been given is rejected.
    Tried lowercase, uppercase,and I include the "-" but still no luck.
    I notice from Ubisoft.com that an Xbox code should start with A2X but mine is AVX (tried that too).
    It was a sealed box btw.

Advertisement