Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colm and Jim Jim

• 14-11-2009 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Well i had previously thought these pair were another pair of gimps, well maybe not gimps as such but, just that they were not funny at all.
    However i now listen every morning and find them highly entertaining. Usually when i'm in the car in the mornings i'm wishing for the djs to shut up and play some music, but i don't mind them so much at all at all. I think they're quite witty and can cut the ground from under anyone if they feel the need to do so. They're good fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭spfeno

Ian Dempsey and his crew on Today FM are far better methinks - AFAIK this the 2FM is a copy of the TODAY FM hit show. Didn't one or two of the crew from TODAY defect to 2FM to start the GIFTGRUB version of the rip off 2FM imitators ??

And don't get me started on 98FM or 104FM - these breakfast DJ's make my skin crawl they're so unfunny and downright stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Well i had previously thought these pair were another pair of gimps, well maybe not gimps as such but, just that they were not funny at all.
    However i now listen every morning and find them highly entertaining. Usually when i'm in the car in the mornings i'm wishing for the djs to shut up and play some music, but i don't mind them so much at all at all. I think they're quite witty and can cut the ground from under anyone if they feel the need to do so. They're good fun.
    `

Are you serious?
    A bigger pair of tossers have never walked the earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Nope, you were right the first time around. They are a pair of collossal gimps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Those two really annoy me:mad:. And them so called regular guests idiots people are soooo not funny!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Morning Ireland, FTW

• Advertisement

spfeno wrote: »
    Ian Dempsey and his crew on Today FM are far better methinks - AFAIK this the 2FM is a copy of the TODAY FM hit show. Didn't one or two of the crew from TODAY defect to 2FM to start the GIFTGRUB version of the rip off 2FM imitators ??

And don't get me started on 98FM or 104FM - these breakfast DJ's make my skin crawl they're so unfunny and downright stupid.

You said it, that's why I'm stuck with Morning Ireland. Which is a real shame as I love music but I just want a show that plays music and has a bit of banter without all the comedy crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hornyfemale

I can't stand these pair. They aren't remotely funny. Their TV show was even worse. Faces for Radio and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

They're definitely not as good as Today Fm in the morning but they do have their moments, I don't understand why you all seem to hate them.
    It is probably the immaturity thing, they only appeal to a certian audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Dempsey is worse. Rosenstock is still (just) keeping him going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Degsy wrote: »
    `

Are you serious?
    A bigger pair of tossers have never walked the earth.

Relax on the personal jabs!

I agree. Well kinda.

I always liked them, but now I've been listening alot more.

They're legends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jblennon101

I have to agree with FARGO 25 no need for the extreme comments |^|

But yes those two lads are gas i listen every them every morning while im stuck in the dreaded traffic of dublin city, and dispite the city's best efforts to make everyone miserable colm and jim jim always manage to make me laugh. I would recomend them to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Not a bad show, can be very hit or miss sometimes though, in work its either Today FM or 2FM on, I would prefer Dempseys show though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

C+JJ are not gimps They're cool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Relax on the personal jabs!

That wasnt a personal jibe and you aint a moderator.
    <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Degsy wrote: »
    That wasnt a personal jibe and you aint a moderator.
    If i'd wanted to get personal i'd have said that one is <snip>

Banned.

And Fago, he has a point. If you have a problem with a post, report it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Don't like them so I don't listen to them, not my cup of tea at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

Had the unfortunate experience of hearing these two eejits a couple of times. How anyone could listen to it every day is beyond me.
    Stupid sarcastic remarks about everything and they're able to make little of everything too and dumb everything down.
    I think they think they're still on a Dublin only radio station, I'd say neither of the two fools have ever been outside of the pale. F**king Gobsh*ts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

efb wrote: »
    Morning Ireland, FTW

+1 Only tune into them on Friday morning at 7.40am to listen to Duggy Highlife... now hes funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I'd say neither of the two fools have ever been outside of the pale. F**king Gobsh*ts.

They'll be in France on Wednesday morning... I'm sure they'll remember to say hello to you from viva la France.... you tosser:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

Not a fan at all....woeful stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I listen to Colin and Jim Jim if I am searching for evidence that human beings are devolving back into apes.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

I listen to Colin and Jim Jim if I am searching for evidence that human beings are devolving back into apes.

They make Monday night viewing on RTE2 seem like Nobel Prize-winning literature......:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭kryptyk500

False 'hilarity' by a couple of tools. I'd rather be injected with the ebola virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭dwayman

viking wrote: »
    +1 Only tune into them on Friday morning at 7.40am to listen to Duggy Highlife... now hes funny

I skip the whole show as I 'm in bed, I just download the Duggy Highlife podcasts. He is a funny funny man. Gitser isn't bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I like 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Used to listen to this over a year ago, but converted to today fm, Dempsey is by far and a long way better in my opinion. Forgot about Duggy Highlife, knew there was a reason i liked a small tiny bit of it, must download the podcasts. There is to much imamaturity going on in it for my liking, i like to be woken up gently, not with them in my face.

C0N0R wrote: »
    Used to listen to this over a year ago, but converted to today fm, Dempsey is by far and a long way better in my opinion. Forgot about Duggy Highlife, knew there was a reason i liked a small tiny bit of it, must download the podcasts. There is to much imamaturity going on in it for my liking, i like to be woken up gently, not with them in my face.

My sentiment exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

What normal person over 4 years of age calls themselves Jim Jim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

I blame jim jim's dad!

• Advertisement

Jim Nugent. That's who.

It's a radio name like Rick O Shea, Colm Hayes, Dusty Rhodes, Sandy Beech, Nikki Hayes and Tony Fenton.

I win. Suck on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I win. Suck on that.

joke or no joke fago, let's leave the confrontational stuff outside.

tbh wrote: »
    joke or no joke fago, let's leave the confrontational stuff outside.

Ok sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

For Today fm's breakfast show to have over 40,000 more listeners than 2fm's breakfast means there is something wrong somewhere. I would put it down to 2fm's breakfast being utterly crap.
    Jim Nugent. That's who.

It's a radio name like Rick O Shea, Colm Hayes, Dusty Rhodes, Sandy Beech, Nikki Hayes and Tony Fenton.

It would be far worse if it is just a radio name. At least if it was a name from childhood he would have the excuse of blaming someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

I think these two are absolutely appalling. How they even find each other funny is beyond me.
    The other week there they were talking about women gardai and insisted on calling them 'lady gaga gardai' about twenty times, repeating the joke the next day as they found it so hilarious. FFS:rolleyes:
    Have to turn the radio off when the 'skits' with pj gallagher pretending to be a an 'oul one' ringing up making prank calls...aahhgh. NOT FUNNY

barakus wrote: »
    I think these two are absolutely appalling. How they even find each other funny is beyond me.
    The other week there they were talking about women gardai and insisted on calling them 'lady gaga gardai' about twenty times, repeating the joke the next day as they found it so hilarious. FFS:rolleyes:
    Have to turn the radio off when the 'skits' with pj gallagher pretending to be a an 'oul one' ringing up making prank calls...aahhgh. NOT FUNNY

So you hate them but yet you can recall every bit of their show in great detail....:o

I listen to them every day, have done for 13 years on fm104 and now on 2fm and I can tell you one thing, I wouldn't have remembered their show in that detail but fair play to you for reminding me.

There is most certainly a hate campaign out there for the pair of them since they moved to national radio but you know its whatever your into. The bitter lemons will soon give up..

As for Iano well he's never been my cup of tea. And I think the figures show that Iano has lost more listeners in the last 12 months compared to 2fm. And the main reason that both breakfast shows are losing listeners is the fact that more people are unemployed so they're not getting up for work and listening to the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

bbability wrote: »
    So you hate them but yet you can recall every bit of their show in great detail....:o

I listen to them every day, have done for 13 years on fm104 and now on 2fm and I can tell you one thing, I wouldn't have remembered their show in that detail but fair play to you for reminding me.

There is most certainly a hate campaign out there for the pair of them since they moved to national radio but you know its whatever your into. The bitter lemons will soon give up..

As for Iano well he's never been my cup of tea. And I think the figures show that Iano has lost more listeners in the last 12 months compared to 2fm. And the main reason that both breakfast shows are losing listeners is the fact that more people are unemployed so they're not getting up for work and listening to the radio.

Thats not every bit of their show its one detail that I mentioned. Its only fair if Im on here giving out about them that I provide some kind of evidence of why:)
    You should check out the 'G' Ryan thread for word for word dissections of a show by people that claim to despise the guy.

13 years of those two???? And you dont remember a single detail. I thought their show was rotting my brain alright:D

Thanks for the warning dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

mod edit: cooler - 7 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Another reason is Morning Ireland has gained listeners from both, people are more interested in the state of the economy than weak comedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

bbability wrote: »

2fm guys are on for an hour longer which makes it all the more galling for them.

Badabing wrote: »
    [/B]

2fm guys are on for an hour longer which makes it all the more galling for them.
    I disagree.
    Can you see Ian Dempsey starting at 6am?? not on your life...

Every other breakfast show starts at 6am.

As for Colm and Jim, the show has moved its format slightly in the last few months. No sketch's just the guys being themselves. It was a pity they were unable to carry their characters from the Dublin show. However the show now sounds far more appealing to 2fm listeners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement