Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x08 "Time" **SPOILERS** [The Real Thread]

Options
  • 14-11-2009 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭

Unless BOFH fell prey to a space time loop causing him to post this thread 24 hours from the future :confused:

Ohhh you clever monkeh

Edit: Per Bizmark's inspired idea, also rate this Thread out of 5 stars as well, so that anyone looking at the forum page will be able to see at a glance which episodes were good (Time) and which were bad (Water)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1754527&postcount=2
    bizmark wrote: »
    Could i ask for the thread to be rated by each person so we (those that dont want to read it because of spoilers) get a general idea of how good/bad the episode is ?

How do you rate "Time" 90 votes

Stargasmic
    0% 0 votes
    McKay
    66% 60 votes
    Uhm...
    18% 17 votes
    N'O'Niell
    8% 8 votes
    I wanna vomit
    5% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

There is a thread about this already, no need for another identical thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Theres a mislabeled Pre-Airing Discussion thread, which has no poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

It was started days ago and covers this exact title? The first post shows a pre airing preview simply because the ep was not avail yet its a discussion thread on ep 08, its not good enough to spam a forum with double threads for the sake of a poll... and petty its mine"ness"

If you have a problem with it, PM Ixoy - the Forum Moderator.

Good Episode. Lots of cool cinemetography.
    The only complaint I have is the magical reset button. All the same they still pulled it off well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Overheal wrote: »
    If you have a problem with it, PM Ixoy - the Forum Moderator.

Good Episode. Lots of cool cinemetography.
    The only complaint I have is the magical reset button. All the same they still pulled it off well.

Gahhh

I'm so tempted to read that...

Ahh FFs, No-one told me the spoilers became visible when you quoted :mad:
    Not a major one thank gawd.

• Advertisement

:D

yeah - Do Not Quote. :pac:

Cheer up though. Its definitely one worth rewatching. Nothing too 6th Sense or Usual Suspects about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

hightower1 wrote: »
    There is a thread about this already, no need for another identical thread.

The other thread has no poll :)

its on the way now - worth staying up for??? im bored to fcuk...

Yeah. And turn the lights off. Sound up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

BEST EP SO FAR!!!!!

What a great ep, loved it. Complete mind feck.

Wont say anymore but well worth the look see. Now is this a two parter? I'm kinda lost on that and you cant just leave it there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Just finished watching it there, did enjoy it but thought the end was a little sudden or something.

• Advertisement

The Rolling credits/Next Week vid suggests its not a Two Parter.

How do you people get this so fast? Has the internet come so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Brilliant!!
    The whole bug being cure thing was well done
    Is this a two parter? Or do we just assume they avoided it all.

Either way, brilliant episode.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Was this episode really necessary? There seems to be nothing that affects the future direction of the show. Being a time travel episode it suffers from the usual plot holes. Plus once the hot chick eli is drooling over died it was pretty obvious what was gonna happen. The fact that soldier guy who is screwing the hot chick eli is drooling over thought of using the magic reset switch and no one else did was unbelieveable as well.
    Good start but the ending and magic reset let it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I find it's usually online in less than hour of it finishing in the states, need to know where to look though as some places won't get it as quick as others. Anytime after 4am Irish time is usually long enough for the better places to have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

I watch it via stream when it is airing in the states

One of the better episodes. Still unsure about the whole "reset button" it shows that the writers can kill off the charectors, but not for to long :P.

I think the main point of this episode was for more charector development then anything else, for us more then anything since the charectors wont be sharing the same experianced found on the kino etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

One word....CLOVERFIELD!!

POV hanheld, dash of Alien, seriously best ep. of the season!....loved the butch cassidy line, Eli....what a dufus, ok his death bed confession was heartfelt and bit upsetting, but the guy is just lame!....he's every nerd stereotype going.

He sholud be in a Van Wilder movie or something, i'll PULL my hair out if he does eventually get to bang Zoe. I don't care HOW sweet he is, no uber hot chick in her right mind would EVER bang him or see him more then a "friend".

Lt. Boobs...boobs!!, all round ace, the start with the Keno and the attack was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It won't be replacing 1969 or 2010 on my favourite time travel episode list, that's for sure. Nor will it beat Window of Opportunity as best gate loop episode. It was some good scifi fun with more than a passing glance at Aliens. Nice tip of the hat from the writers too. As fillers go it was one of the better kind. Night-vision Alamo scene was very well done.

3/5
    Was this episode really necessary? There seems to be nothing that affects the future direction of the show. Being a time travel episode it suffers from the usual plot holes. Plus once the hot chick eli is drooling over died it was pretty obvious what was gonna happen. The fact that soldier guy who is screwing the hot chick eli is drooling over thought of using the magic reset switch and no one else did was unbelieveable as well.
    Not necessary at all but entertaining enough with a nice link to the previous ice planet and some character driven moments. It's unlikely for Scott to come up with it but on the other hand he's motivated to save Chloe & the crew from dying. The reset is why I gave it a 3 instead of a 4. Once Chloe died all suspense was gone.
    toxick wrote: »
    I think the main point of this episode was for more charector development then anything else, for us more then anything since the charectors wont be sharing the same experianced found on the kino etc.
    That's true, we got a lot out of Eli & TJ that you wouldn't normally see unless they were about to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

wow really enjoyed that quite original and had funny bits

aliensTM timetravel time**** :D

and for once on a sci-fi show they are for once addressing one issue, infection due to traveling to other worlds

i like the ending it leaves alot to imagination and time travel as always leads to paradoxes and wtf moments

its been 8 episodes now and i have to say, Universe so far stands quite well on its own and is already shaping up to be a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Crap, posted my opinion to BOFH's thread.

Great episode, need to watch it again, blah blah blah. :)

Only as pointless as say, a Simpsons episode.

No it did not drive the plot along much if at all. The Kino full of the good footage was a time loop or two prior. But you do still get to see how each character reacts in a very high pressure situation. I think as was shown with Rush's actions and Eli pointed it out, only in the face of extreme adversity to people show off who they are.

Speaking of which: Rush really would take every chance imaginable to save his own ass even if it ends up killing him. Now we know. Even if he doesnt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Speaking of which: Rush really would take every chance imaginable to save his own ass even if it ends up killing him. Now we know. Even if he doesnt.

we learned alot about the plot and characters in this episode

for example now its seems Rush's goal is Ascension or to make an impact on the world after facing his wife's death

we learned more about Eli's mother

we learned how people cope in a scary situation

and finally the Halo "Flood" like aliens are freaking cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Being a time travel episode it suffers from the usual plot holes.

What are the plot holes??????????:confused::confused:

As far I know nobody has built a time machine so we don't really know what would happen if someone or something where to travel through time.

Well thats assuming that time even exists in the first place:D

The only plot hole I can think of was Human remains but I think even that can be explained as being Rush's human remains, when he went all butch cassidy he wound back up on the planet where he died of the disease and was killed and/or picked clean by those chesthuggers. We dont know how far back he jumped. Could have been weeks, months or years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Gareth-W-A

It's almost as though they read the thread on last weeks episode from when i was talking about the lack of music in the show.
    This episode had brilliant music, in the scary dark jungle, the big battle scenes, the worrying "did that really happen???" moments, and the Chloe deathbed scene.

The story was as solid as a time-travel episode could be, but kind of thought that the creatures and their nests looked a little too 'Alien' to just be called a coincidence.

Great Eli character development...soon to be undone by further messing up the time-space continuum.

If they were going to make an episode where nothing really changes plotwise, so far they've filled with all the right stuff!:D

Easily better than the last episode!
    5/5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Excellent,
    Best of the series so far I though, surprised it's not a two parter with that ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Good start but the amount of cast members dying just made it so obvious that the rewind button at end of show would solve any problems.

The bug deaths when nice and viscous tho which is a nice change for a SG show but overall a pointless episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I dont get all this pointless episode stuff. Every show has filler episodes. How many pointless episodes are there of SG and SGA are there.

I thought it was a very good episode. I enjoyed the gore.

Theres no such thing as a pointless episode. Its Entertainment

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I dont get all this pointless episode stuff. Every show has filler episodes. How many pointless episodes are there of SG and SGA are there.

I thought it was a very good episode. I enjoyed the gore.

It's not that it was pointless just that reset switch pretty much ruined it for me. I know there will be filler episodes but if they had changed the end of it, it wouldn't have been a filler episode. Don't have any one die, just have the characters get really sick, go into a coma. There would still be that sense of urgency to get the cure asap but without having to undo everything else that happened in the episode. Also they would have been able to have another battle scene towards the end where they get the cure. Instead we had, oh a load of people have died. Ah right, they'll probably just change the timeline again. That just ruined the sense of urgency and as said above any suspense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

When Rush ran off and went through the gate on his own,I got the impression he already knew about the time travel ad was attempting to stop the whole fiasco by travelling back in time.

The way I see it was Rush going back in time brought the kino with the original footage with him for the second team and the human remains were his. Things play out differantly the second time because of Rush and this leads to Scott making another recording and sending it back for team number 3 who I assume get the cure blah blah blah without any trouble. Have I got it right?
    Theres no such thing as a pointless episode. Its Entertainment

Lost : Stranger in a strange land ;).

Advertisement